•  

Thread: Swap? I know I know... but help please!

What do you mean there's no turbo? sflindall26's Avatar
      Thanks

Swap? I know I know... but help please!

ok so I have found a 2006 2.2 ecotec cobalt motor with 6000km on it the.. person is asking $600.

I have also located a full Eaton Lsj M62 supercharger kit with 10000km for the 2.0 and 2.2 ecotec motors... person is asking $450

I realize that custom mounts will be needed, along with the wiring harness and will need to splice the oem and 2.2 harnesses together right?? and also need the ecu... Will the stock aveo 5 speed tranny and clutch mount up and work or will I need the cobalt tranny as well?? Also what other parts will I need that I am not thinking of?? Obv some things in the bay will need to be relocated as well right?! What about engine management?!?

I would NOT be doing this swap on my own, I have a shop that my buddy is the service manager at and they have agreed to work with me on the swap, its the same shop that did my coilover conversion.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      basically you will need everything cobalt. transmission, shifter, ecu, wiring etc. You need to run a harness only as far as incompatibility goes. You could make a "stand alone" harness that included the engine, trans, ,speedo and obd2 ports and wire that up to need to only hook up/splice a few wires, AS LONG AS that allows everything to work. you might need to defeat the immobilizer. You need to consider reverse lights from the tranny, etc.

As long as the engine mounts to the rails. you do not necessarily need custom mounts, its often easier to modify the rails. You will need to either make custom axles, or adapt cobalt stuff the aveo for the knuckles etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to petrified.rabbit For This Useful Post:

sflindall26 (01-24-2015)