•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supercharged Aveo

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      how about that e-ram thing, it seems to work. i think its 1 psi and 2 of them will make like 1.7psi.
      ??? you cant hook two up in a row and make more pressure....the second fan would have to be spinning faster than the first...so then the first fan would be pointless.....and what would be the point of 1 psi...if your that desperate for more power theres two options: different caror turbo the thing...

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      how about that e-ram thing, it seems to work. i think its 1 psi and 2 of them will make like 1.7psi.
      I saw a video of a guy that hooked his leaf blower up as a turbo if i can find the video again i will post a link to it.
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      ??? you cant hook two up in a row and make more pressure....the second fan would have to be spinning faster than the first...so then the first fan would be pointless.....and what would be the point of 1 psi......
      dont ask me, i didnt make it, 1 psi is better than 0 psi, just throwin things out here, we gotta think outside the box....

Thanks
      Leaf Blower Supercharger This is real http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mschumac/leaf.htm i couldn't find the video but i found the web site. :P
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Leaf blowers will not work to any advantage, except create a lot of noise that makes you think you're going faster but you're not . In fact, that's what 99% of the so-called 'superchargers' you see on eb*y are when doing "aveo supercharger" in a search string. Electric powered motors need 5-6k watts of juice to do their job. There's only one practical electric supercharger in existence, made by Thomas Knight. You can do a search and find lots of info, and its easily installed on just about any car out there even if you don't have much in the way of mechnical skills. But there's big caveats, as electricity on vehicles cannot power such hungry beats for long periods of time, and it's expensive pushing near $2k. At that price you might find better options.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by orangekitty
      Leaf blowers will not work to any advantage, except create a lot of noise that makes you think you're going faster but you're not . In fact, that's what 99% of the so-called 'superchargers' you see on eb*y are when doing "aveo supercharger" in a search string. Electric powered motors need 5-6k watts of juice to do their job. There's only one practical electric supercharger in existence, made by Thomas Knight. You can do a search and find lots of info, and its easily installed on just about any car out there even if you don't have much in the way of mechnical skills. But there's big caveats, as electricity on vehicles cannot power such hungry beats for long periods of time, and it's expensive pushing near $2k. At that price you might find better options.
      and even with the thomas knight one you have to fill your trunk with batteries to power it so you just be adding a crap load of weight

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I cant believe the thought even made it thus far...

Be realistic guys, for the sake of yourselves :P
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hello i've seen the sprint kalos i don't know if you heard about it it has a rotrex supercharger, all made by delta auto

http://www.auto-reporter.net/artikel.la ... tikel=9031

http://www.autowereld.com/autonieuws/de ... tikel=1347

Thanks
      cool, anyone speak German is it>?
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks
      it's the 1.4l motor.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123