•  

Thread: saf-c question for brian5475E

saf-c question for brian5475E

hey brian, i recall on the old forums you said you had picked up a apex-i safc and had installed it on your aveo. did it work with the aveo ecu? and to what extent were you able to modify your fuel curves? i have the opportunity to pick up a used one from a friend for cheap, and i thought it might help with tuning my turbo setup but i dont know if it will even work with the aveo.

thanks

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I would not recommend an SAFC to modify your fuel curve, especially with a turbo. It does so by telling your MAP your car is getting more air and in turn adds more fuel to the mix. That's great, except when you add fuel that way, it also adds timing. With boost, you need to retard timing to keep it from detonating.

I did the same thing with my Subaru and couldn't figure out why it woul ping with more fuel until doing some research. I then 0'd out the map and added fuel through the fuel injector timing. This was with an e-manage, but it works the same way as an SAFC for tricking the MAP/MAF.

yeah i read that the saf-c does that, but it worked so well on my eclipse, i just was kinda hoping it would work like that on a aveo

e manage is another one of my ideas for engine management, but i'm guessing it was designed as a piggyback for most imports, but will it work with the delphi(?) ecu that our car has?

use emanage for the aveo if you turbo. SFAC II would not be a good choice.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Do you actually have a turbo hooked up already? Or is this just talk of future hopes/plans?

i am piecing together a system, already ordered the manifold, i'll be getting the intercooler, piping and turbo soon.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      How much you expect it to cost you?

question...are you going to try the emanage? you know that the rest of us would love to know how its going to work.! if not then i need some answers for settings with this system because im going to try it, ive got serious problems haveing all the equipment and no way to manage fuel among other things!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      s-afcII will work fine for n/a setups....