•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pauter connecting rods

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      800$ connecting rods? no thanks.
      you wont need them. if you want A LOT more power it would be good to have these and that price is VERY nice for what your getting
      Sometimes on this site its so surprising how CHEAP people can be.
      This car has no aftermarket, no real showing that its going to have a following, so if you want to actually have some good modifications for your car your going to have to spend a pretty penny.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      +100

Thanks
      i dont want these rods tho gse i want the other parts im going to need to build my engine haha the rod bolts and the other piece you talked to me about.

CarDomain

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      you wont need them. if you want A LOT more power it would be good to have these and that price is VERY nice for what your getting
      This car has no aftermarket, no real showing that its going to have a following, so if you want to actually have some good modifications for your car your going to have to spend a pretty penny.
      Yeah, like you said, EVENTUALLY, that's when you can afford an F28 tranny, custom cams, a couple days on the dyno tuning that megasquirt, getting custom engine mounts, braced the whole front end, that kickass turbo kit extreme is coming up with....

Until then, who needs 'em? I know you don't like us 'cheapos', but I won't take a student load just to ruin a perfectly good working car. Perhaps you live with your mom or money is just pourring out of your ears, but you probably don't understand that we all have different financial problems.

I'm a student, living 1300 miles from home with basically a house morgage as my student loan. Yeah, call me cheap.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      [quote=ontarian_frog]
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      Quote Originally Posted by "ontarian_frog":395vd6fg
      Yeah, like you said, EVENTUALLY, that's when you can afford an F28 tranny, custom cams, a couple days on the dyno tuning that megasquirt, getting custom engine mounts, braced the whole front end, that kickass turbo kit extreme is coming up with....

Until then, who needs 'em? I know you don't like us 'cheapos', but I won't take a student load just to ruin a perfectly good working car. Perhaps you live with your mom or money is just pourring out of your ears, but you probably don't understand that we all have different financial problems.

I'm a student, living 1300 miles from home with basically a house morgage as my student loan. Yeah, call me cheap.[/quote:395vd6fg]

then you should SAVE your money and not mod your car....get out of college and buy a good car.

CarDomain

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      ...now don't get defensive. what was being refured to is that some people look on ebay all day and see the thousands of nockoff honda parts like "stainless tubular headers for $50.00" and expect to pay the same for their car that has little aftermarket support. the thing is that when you tell someone $500-$600 for a fully custom stainless turbo header they think you are robbing them when the price is justified. it has nothing to what anyone can afford but where people place value.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      I know what you mean, I just find what he's saying a little unjustified. I know custom work is expensive a people don't realise that. I worked in shops before.

What I ment when I said:"800$ connecting rods..." was that a purchase like that is unjustified until a lot of power add-ons are available. Plus with a 6500rpm redline on our cars, the stock ones are good for quite a lot of power.

Being told I'm cheap and that I don't want to spend the money, that's another thing. Why did I buy the Wave in the firs place? No money. Do I want to mod it? did I ever said I was going to? NO. Not until my warranty is over, which is in 3 years. No I won't quit school to please you. I have 1 semester left. Then I'll be the one making big bucks.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12