•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

need help

my car is dumping all the oil out. i already changed the vale cover casket. and my right suspension is cover in oil. could it be the oil pan?

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      If you can't see the source of the leak looking down from the top, then you will have to get a close look from underneath. Get the vehicle SAFELY up on ramps, crawl under with a good light source, and have a close look. If the leak isn't obvious, wipe everything clean with rags, and try again. A big leak is not likely to be from the oil pan, but it's also not impossible if the gasket is badly shot.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      just to double check it's 100% engine oil and not gearbox oil right as iv had the driveshaft seal go on my gearbox before makes hell of a mess in the wheel arch lineing any everywhere else as it travels down the driveshafts

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by marmite369 View Post
      just to double check it's 100% engine oil and not gearbox oil right as iv had the driveshaft seal go on my gearbox before makes hell of a mess in the wheel arch lineing any everywhere else as it travels down the driveshafts
      basically my whole right bottem part of my car if cover in oil and idk were its coming from

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      If you can't see the source of the leak looking down from the top, then you will have to get a close look from underneath. Get the vehicle SAFELY up on ramps, crawl under with a good light source, and have a close look. If the leak isn't obvious, wipe everything clean with rags, and try again. A big leak is not likely to be from the oil pan, but it's also not impossible if the gasket is badly shot.
      people keep telling me its my oil pan gasket and i went to the dealer and they told me that they dont use gaskets on the aveo. instead they use a seallint pasit

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      that can still leak. SO if if is leaking at the seal between the block and oilpan, you need to get Ultra Black RTV, drop the pan clean the surfaces, reapply, and reinstall the oil pan.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      that can still leak. SO if if is leaking at the seal between the block and oilpan, you need to get Ultra Black RTV, drop the pan clean the surfaces, reapply, and reinstall the oil pan.
      That's a first step, and one that should be easily done. Unfortunately, it's usually not the problem.

Having experienced this on several older cars, it's usually an engine oil seal that's gone bad. It's an age/time related issue. It's a rather expensive repair, but worth having it done if you intend to keep the car.

Even if you don't intend to keep the car, it will be tough to sell if it is hemorrhaging oil...

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
      That's a first step, and one that should be easily done. Unfortunately, it's usually not the problem.

Having experienced this on several older cars, it's usually an engine oil seal that's gone bad. It's an age/time related issue. It's a rather expensive repair, but worth having it done if you intend to keep the car.

Even if you don't intend to keep the car, it will be tough to sell if it is hemorrhaging oil...
      i love my car to death, imma try rabbits way and see if that helps at all, i have to be putting oil every other week and with all that money i wasted on oil i could of spent o my car ):

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Before you do anything, confirm where the leak is. I was under the impression you had done that.

It could be the oil pressure sensor as well.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Before you do anything, confirm where the leak is. I was under the impression you had done that.

It could be the oil pressure sensor as well.
      i honestly dont have an idea but my left suspension is cover in oil and idk why but my oil light keeps coming on and off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast