•  

Thread: L91 engine

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

L91 engine

Hi fellow Aveo owners

I got my 2010 hatch L model last week. Currently still running in the engine but its feeling good. I've removed the little pipe inside the air intake box and it sound abit better already.

My question is, does anyone have a dyno graph of the L91 engine? I want to see how quickly the torque drops after 3600rpm. I'll be running the engine to about 6000rpm when I think its ready, maybe even 6200. But it depends on how well the torque stays up.

Any info would be cool!

thanks

J

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      this should be in the engine forum..

but shibbs dynoed his car.. i myself am always above 3400 rpm. But i am also a believer of break it in the way you want to drive it..

Quote Originally Posted by Shibbs View Post
      You know why I like the Ecotec motor more? Usable torque curves. Actually, I could almost say "torque LINE"

Thanks
      Thanks for the link and sorry about the post in the wrong forum.

Another question, I've had a look through previous posts about CAI or SRI but I'm unsure wheter my std intake system is incufficient. I saw a thread about the std setup allowing enough air through the std filter. So I want to know, I want to fit a SRI and I plan on doing a 2" or 50mm exhaust in the future. BUT, do you guys think its worth it or not? I know about the nice sound it makes aswell but I'm after the possible performance gain.

If you don't think I should do it, what would you say would be a good tipe to add an upgraded intake? e.g after the exhaust,remap,etc?

Thanks in advance

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i wouldnt do a short ram.. it will just suck in engine heat. I noticed a big difference in acceleration with a cai. But i can't give dyno numbers or anything.. I have a chromeintakes one, itis a little oversized, and you can feel some power loss if you creep off the line (like at a stop sign or light ) but one your above 2700 rpm or it feels better than the oem intake by far.

The exhaust have a very restrictive muffler, make sure you replace that.. the rest of the system isn't terrible but it con be improved on.

As for remapping or anything, i havent come across anyone that is actually doing it. One guy came here saying he would, but he hasnt been back on since.. You could ask him again? That would be its own thing though, you dont need remapped because of an intake and exhaust, but and intake and exhaust improve the remap.. they are complimentary not necessary.

Thanks
      Thanks for the info petrified rabbit

So the CAI, how does that fit? I see the oem intake sucks air from the fender. So fitting the CAI, would that get air from just behind the grill?

I'm looking for power higher up in the rev range, anything between 4500 and 6500. Also, I saw that the oem mufler looks fairly big and the pipes leading to it twists alot which if I remember correctly could rob you of some power?

Does anyone know if the oem fuel management system can handle bigger cams? Or is it the same as some of the VW engines we have here that wont even start with anything other than stock cams?

Lastly, any other fairly small mods that anyone could recomend?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      The CAI adds about 5hp on the e-tech for the entire curve, it was on the aem site before they took it down

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyH View Post
      Hi fellow Aveo owners

I got my 2010 hatch L model last week. Currently still running in the engine but its feeling good. I've removed the little pipe inside the air intake box and it sound abit better already.

My question is, does anyone have a dyno graph of the L91 engine? I want to see how quickly the torque drops after 3600rpm. I'll be running the engine to about 6000rpm when I think its ready, maybe even 6200. But it depends on how well the torque stays up.

Any info would be cool!

thanks

J
      I have a dyno graph of the L91 engine but no pics. yet. I will give you an information and photos if you will PM me.