•  

Thread: K & N Air Filter Intake System ???

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

K & N Air Filter Intake System ???

Hi. I looked on the forum about the K&N air filter, but found nothing about the full 'intake system', just the air filter. I went to K&N's homepage and couldn't find an 'intake system' for my 2006 Hatchback. Does one exist? Or is there only the air filter itself?

For the little driving I do, replacing the paper filter is no great cost. But while I have a tiny bit of extra money to blow on my car, I would like to find out IF K & N has an intake system with the filter, to get a few extra horsepower out of the engine. Or does another company make a intake system with a better filter? I cant find one. Thanks for any help.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      k&N does not make a full intake kit for this car. You could run NO intake filter and still not gain any horsepower. Put your money somewhere else.

Thanks

Found on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      k&N does not make a full intake kit for this car. You could run NO intake filter and still not gain any horsepower. Put your money somewhere else.

Well I found a 'intake system' for the 2004-2008 Aveo, the second generation?, for get this $38! It is like a fat chrome pipe, with a cone 'K&N type filter, and a MAF adaptor? I somehow recall buying this set up for one of my 4 Cyl. Ranger trucks years ago. It was a piece of cr-p then, and a horror trying to install! I ended up throwing it out, it wasn't even worth returning! I think it is the same company. It shows the EcoTec engine with it attached to the air intake at the top of the engine, and then the air box is gone, and the cone filter is laying in that spot at the end of this 3-4in chrome pipe. For $38.
      I am not going to buy it, but I did a search for a 2006 Chevy aveo air intake system and like 50 of these turned up on EBay. Maybe someone with engine knowledge can go look at one of them, and see if it is the Cr-p that I think it is.

Thanks
      really...why? wouldn't a straight airflow give HP increase?

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      because the car makes like 2 horsepower, it's not going to be noticeable, nor can you tune the car to adjust for additional airflow either. I would get a K&N filter simply for not having to ever change an air filter again, not the horsepower aspect

I'll keep it and add a turbo thankful_ragamuffin's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
      because the car makes like 2 horsepower, it's not going to be noticeable, nor can you tune the car to adjust for additional airflow either. I would get a K&N filter simply for not having to ever change an air filter again, not the horsepower aspect
      I would totally disagree. An engine is just an air pump - lower the restriction on the intake and it will make more power. You may not always feel it in the seat of your pants, but it will be there. Add a free flow exhaust, and you will notice the increase. Improvements in HP in little engines is found in small increments - everything works in concert to improve the numbers. As for oil on gauze air filters, every dusted engine we see in the shop has one "protecting" the engine.

Thanks
      +1, the sum of the parts equals the whole. Free up the "air in / air out" and u will be happier. I am also surprised hardly any of u E tec II owners don't regrind your cams .