•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Header discussion

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re: Header discussion

Hey daox the header pic in the first post is that a 4-1 header? becuase it looks like all the pipes doesnt meet till the very end

Thanks

Yup, 4-1 design.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      Wow, the stock manifold must flow pretty bad then. Thats a huge gain on a 100hp engine[...]
      Well the header in question is the long one and it deletes the cat. The rest of the system is pretty good, except for the stock rear most muffler.
      So, Xaiogary makes two different headers? I've only seen the short one.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      my exhaust pipe an flex piece under the engine are already flattened out from driving, not leaks yet, but i can not even think of trying more pipe under there, even oversized.

Xiogary's 4-1 header is 11 hp gain on the dyno with his car.
      He also had the performance cams in and something else that most of us here dont have, actually he has quite a bit of parts we dont have. I think that him having the cams would boost his gains from a header, in my UNPROFESSIONAL opinon, and I could be wrong, but for those who do Xiaogarys header would not see gains as high as that, maybe 7-9 hp, which is still a considerable gain in the long run. I am by no means knocking Xiaogarys headers, but I felt that the differences should be ponted out for the comparison between the Aveos here in the US and Garys. Again, Im not a professional mechanic or racer so I could be wrong.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

that is true, i did not think of his mods, but he also has a 1.4 liter block? right?

also he has these headers on a lot of cars over there so i was giving him the benefit of doubt that the dyno gains were an average from more than one install. But 11hp is a big gain, i know his total set up is in the mid 100s, like 150-160ish.. so that number might be his car.

edit went for specs 1.4 block bores and stroked to 1680cc :

Quote Originally Posted by xiaogary
      Its a real exhaust. My ride is not really high output. Only 165hp and 210Nm on the wheel after throwing in the big bored 81.0mm 11.1:1 compression forged piston, Steel rods with ARP bolts, Stroked and bored to 1680cc, Custom made 275 degree duration camshafts. Lightweight camshaft pulleys and lightweight crankshaft pulley. 4Kg flywheel with carbon/kelvar lightweight clutch, Unichip piggyback tuned. And voltage cheater to raise ignition voltage from 12V to 18V. And also 4.2 final drive ratio kit for better accleration pick up. And a short shifter to reduce the throw.

Whole exos system is has no cat, only had a 4-2-1 exos header in front, then the flexible pipe and middle straight thru muffler (silencer) and 2 semi flow rear muffler. Whole system is 2 inch pipe. 1.8 inch stock exos is too choky. 2 inch is just nice for the current horsepower and torque.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12