Topic: Gravana Air Intake (Read 183 times)
squirrleyrage
Regular User

Gravana Air Intake
« Thread Started on Jun 23, 2005, 2:02pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applicatio ... Intake_Sys tem

I keep looking for bolt on air intakes for the Aveo and have heard that there is a K&N but can't find it anywhere. I've heard that some people have built or modified one to work. I ran across this today and looks like this is a brand new product as of this month. Anyone know of other manufaturers who have any type of bolt on air intakes? Post links and info is so.
Link to Post - Back to Top 70.61.34.30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

squirrleyrage
Regular User

Re: Gravana Air Intake
« Reply #1 on Jun 23, 2005, 2:12pm »

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2005, 2:16pm by squirrleyrage » Link to Post - Back to Top 67.39.4.14

squirrleyrage
Regular User

« Reply #2 on Jun 23, 2005, 2:18pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3A3v_home
There are also these on ebay but I have to think that they are too cheap to be true.
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.39.4.14

RoRo
Idle User

« Reply #3 on Jun 23, 2005, 2:31pm »

I'm in the market for a short ram intake to modify to go to my custom air intake through the headlight. I might buy this one, but I don't like their explanation of why the air is not heat soaked. The only air this intake on their setup is taking in is directly out of the engine bay. You would have to be a fool to really think that that hot ass engine has cool air circulating around it that this intake is sucking up. Basic physics = hot engine from driving + produces and heats up the air around it = intake sucking up hot air.
Link to Post - Back to Top 66.176.4.75

06 997 S
06 IS350
05 Ody Touring R+N
04 Z4

squirrleyrage
Regular User

« Reply #4 on Jun 23, 2005, 2:36pm »

Exactly and they call it a cold air intake. It's really just an improvement over the factory box. I was surprised it's stainless steel and not aluminum.
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.39.4.14

djkos
Idle User

« Reply #5 on Jun 23, 2005, 6:05pm »

I am in the market for an intake too but I think they charge way to much for these intakes. If it was a true cold air intake then maybe I could see that amount of money but for just a bend piece of stainless and rubber pieces I have always thought they was to high. That is why I have had most of mine on my other cars custom made from someone. If they know how to bend really well its not to hard to get one done.
I would just like to get a short air intake done for now.
I was told you could use one of a Honda Civic. Is this true?
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.162.55.102

Blade979
Premium Unleaded User

Got Boost?

« Reply #6 on Jun 23, 2005, 11:28pm »

I actually talked to the guys at Gravana(Jim) about the intake. He said that a CAI(in this case) didnt produce any more power than the SRI. He said he even spoke to a rep from AEM about this as well. Yeah I dont agree with the fact that they call it a CAI, but its not that big a deal. Only problem I have, is the price. Other than that Im sure its top notch merchandise.
Link to Post - Back to Top 24.197.248.233

My Aveo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/833143

squirrleyrage
Regular User

« Reply #7 on Jun 24, 2005, 10:00am »

I agree that I don't care what they call it. The price is a bit steep and that's why I put up the links to the ebay auctions. I'm just a little nervous about some ebay pipe. I don't really have the budget to be buying something that isn't quality. I assume since we all drive cheap cars that's the case for everyone but I do see that some of you are more adventurous and may be willing to check out one of these cheaper ebay intakes. If I knew they were solid that's the route I would go. I bought a cheap car for a reason so I'm not going to just throw money away.
Link to Post - Back to Top 70.61.34.30

04aveohb
Regular User

« Reply #8 on Jun 24, 2005, 1:39pm »

Here's what I did, its not as expensive as the gravana intake and its not ebay orange juice. I went to autozone and bought a Spectre intake pipe, I think the only one they have its 3" and fits cavaliers and whatnot. I cut it short and modified the intake sensor to fit into the pipe. It took about 20 minutes to cut and install, then I got a K&N cone filter, and my intake sounds good, and performs good. The intake pipe was 39.99 at my Autozone.
Link to Post - Back to Top 71.65.205.152

Brian5475E
Administrator

Littleblueaveo

« Reply #9 on Jun 24, 2005, 4:00pm »

I have one foe civic on mine works great. Why pay all the money for what you can get for 40. Some people are taking advantage of others
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.23.14.128

squirrleyrage
Regular User

« Reply #10 on Jun 24, 2005, 4:42pm »

Ha Ha drive up to Dayton on throw one on my car.
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.39.5.200

Brian5475E
Administrator

Littleblueaveo

« Reply #11 on Jun 24, 2005, 4:55pm »

What ya doing tonight I can come up and show you my car? you can call me at 513-237-5233 or I'll leave my aol IM on my phone you can IM me at Brianpugs5475 I'll be at my dad's in Fairfield for the next couple days, but I have nothing to do tonight, and Dayton is only maybe 30 mins from Fairfield.
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.23.14.128

squirrleyrage
Regular User

« Reply #12 on Jun 24, 2005, 5:02pm »

Hmm, I've got something you could do. I'll PM you about it.
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.39.5.200