•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOUND AVEO HEADERS UNDER $300.00

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

FOUND AVEO HEADERS UNDER $300.00

Thought i would let all of you know, i ordered them i got em and waiting to put them on. direct fit!!!

finally headers in america

btw this is fast service got them in 2 days

http://www2.partstrain.com

AVEO... GREAT ECONOMY... CHEAP PERFORMANCE... EQUALS ONE FAST AVEO

ALSO CHECK OUT MY AVEO http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...veo/My%20aveo/

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: FOUND AVEO HEADERS UNDER $300.00

After you get them give us pictures and let us know how it went

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

hmm if i was to spend money on a header i would atleast want something that was equal length....

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

ill believe it when i see it.....pics please!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

here is a start here is the link for which i ordered them from

got them already from ups and waiting to put them in they are a direct fit

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?ut...tt=aveo+header

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

interesting...
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

ahh yes isnt it headers for all. look what yee has given to thee. aveo want headers almighty site giveth thee headers. lol. tempting huh. BUY IT AND ADD SOME PONIES TO THOSE WHEELS MIKE LETS GET THIS THING GOING

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

it would be a waste of money for me to buy these headers, i goin boost and already got a turbo manifold so... if i was stayin NA and had proof that these fit... we will just say my paypal acct would be drained.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Because I am a strong believer in the belief that there are alot of fakes/scams/poorly made products for the aveo, or at least can fit on it - but not be made for the aveo... I ALWAYS look at such products as bad or fake until someone convinces me otherwise, when it's something serious, like headers, or engine parts, ect, I pay even more particular attention - or even see it for myself...

Because of my pre-conditions, I looked over what it says and it raised about 4 red flags that I look for...

(#1) If it's being sold by a website that isn't the manufacturer, I always always back check the product, to see where it comes from, if it's made by a company, I google it. fortunately 1 red flag went down because there is such a manufacturer called dynomax (add a .com to the name), and yes they do make headers...

(#1.5) However after finding the site, I tried to check if there were indeed headers specifically for the Aveo just like your ad says, and dynomax's complete catalogue says NO. The product you bought was actually a universal header for Chevy blocks for roadsters and rods, it's described as a "multi-fit", so it's pretty much universal - which again is bad because then it's not specifically for the Aveo...

(#2) The image on the website you bought it from is accurate of the headers you're buying, it's the exact same headers from the catalogue. So there is no "bait and switch"... HOWEVER, looking at the headers, I realized the ultimate red flag of them all!!! (And it will be the same reason why you'll eventually try to refund it)... It's because the header design is TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THE AVEO'S HEADERS. Why? Because the header you bought is like this... (O's = holes): -O---OO---O-, the headers on a real Aveo are like this: -O--O--O--O-, LOOK FOR YOURSELF! The headers are wrong. And so were you.

(#3) (After #2 is there any other proof you need?) Looking at the ad from the website you bought them from, where it describes the headers underneath the name (in blue), the 3rd red flag was the fact that the Aveo was not mentioned anywhere in the description. The only thing that says it's for an aveo is the sub-name, the word "Aveo" isn't even in the primary product name! That's a huge red flag because that means they can put literally any car name in the same spot and people will believe it's for their car too. Normally, when you read an ad online, usually in the description it will mention what that product is made for, if not then they can just copy and paste that description to use it for the same product for a different car without having to edit it.

(#4) What kind of idiot actually tries to paint something that reaches temps above 400 degrees? Honestly that's just stupid as f*ck! At those temps the paint just burns off, besides, it looks to me like the headers are made from stainless, or at least chromed, either way both metals don't hold paint very well, if it's chromed that's even worse, chrome is just a shell coating like an M&M, if you expand the chocolate inside from heat, the shell cracks, that and the fact that crome changes colors from extreme heat makes it look cheap... But the other side is that if it's painted, then it might mean they are trying to hide the materials used for it, either because it's bad quality so it rusts, or warps, or has bad/cheap welds, it's just covering up defects.

Simply put, you fell for the universal use product that has cookie cutter descriptions, but it's disguised by adding your car's name to it.

Sorry bud... "Buyer beware"...

...Honestly people need to do their research better...
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

thanks for that goast

back to square one...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast