•  

Thread: Final Drive Ratio Kit

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Final Drive Ratio Kit

Dear all,

I have just change the final gear ratio to 4.2 from the original 3.9 in the aveo manual gear box. My question is, will the speedometer's speed be affected? I was travelling at 80km/h today (seen in my speedo) but when I drive towards a honda civic with a digital speedo beside me, I travel same speed as him, but his meter showed 87km/h. This makes me worry as my country has a lot of speed camera and I am unsure of the speed I am travelling now. Does a Scangauge help? It can extract the speed from the OBDII port direct from ECU.

Where is the speed sensor located on the aveo? How does it works? And my wheels are 205/40/ZR17. Which ithe overall diameter is slightly bigger (abt 2%) compared to the stock 155/80/R13 it came with when I bought the car.

Anyone have a way to caliberate the speedo?

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Final Drive Ratio Kit

Your speed sensor is located on top of the transmission near the shift linkage, sorry i dont have a picture. You can get your speedometer calibrated at a dealer.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

BTW where did you get that final drive ratio kit? what are the advantages of it?

Thanks

I got it from korea. Having a bigger final drive ratio will make the pick up better. As the gearing are no longer that far apart from each gear to each gear. There is less lag from each gear to each gear change. Less draggy also means more fuel saving in stop and go traffic like in singapore where roads are jammed with cars.

But crusing often, higher rpm is needed to maintain same speed compared to normal gearing. So FC will be higher by a bit if you cruise a lot.

For me, my FC remains, as my country has heavy traffic and often stop and go.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

I know it's an old post and you said that you got the kit from Korea but did you get it off the internet? If so, where?

Thanks

Thanks

I got it through a friend who stays in Korea. He shipped it to me direct after he purchased.
      He is also driving an aveo (a highly modded one).

Now I found a close ratio kit as well for aveo. If anyone is interested, let me know. I can ship one to u too. Mass purchase should be cheaper.