•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: expected gains

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

expected gains

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powerpa ... ifications

they almost got 100WHP which would be like 120hp at the crank, and aveo and fit have the same drivetrain power loss of 15% (5 speed)

Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      stock v-tec engines have been known to respond well to "breathing" upgrades, although 5 hp with a CAI and 2 hp exhaust is hardly remarkable.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      boost boost boost boost boost!
      Designer/Fabricator
      Action RaceFab

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      im getting tired of not seeing alot of things done to the fit, yaris, and versa. why not us?? wtf weve been out longer and have the same power they do.....****ers......what really ticked me off is that extreme dimensions has made some badass mild looking body kits that arent ugly like the ones for the aveo (no offense if you have a body kit, wild kits are not my style) im gonna write to super street and complain to them cause i always see stupid fits and versas and **** being shown off and no mention of an aveo at all...

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      Of course..... they're imports unlike us, of course we know that we do have imports but most people dont even know that. And to even back them further theres the name Honda and Nissan and Toyota written on them. Chevrolet doesn't appeal to tuners as much as those 3. It it dissapointing though.
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Nemasys
      Of course..... they're imports unlike us, of course we know that we do have imports but most people dont even know that. And to even back them further theres the name Honda and Nissan and Toyota written on them. Chevrolet doesn't appeal to tuners as much as those 3. It it dissapointing though.
      what i don't understand is why is the fit faster the we are in the 1/4 mile (fit is about 16.7, and we are at 17.4 (stock)), i know that its has 6 more hp, but its also weighs 200 more lb

PS: i think it might have some thing to do with fit's axel ratio of 4.12 comperd to our 3.55

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      motorweek has the stock fit at 18.1 sec 1/4 mile, 11 sec 0-60 for the auto (with paddle shifters).
      The aveo hatch came in at 17.9 sec, 10.4 sec 0-60 for the auto.

Subtle differences lend to different times. Cars have a similar powertrain loss, but not identical, and it's slightly different for two identical models. It's not just HP and torque. aerodynamics, suspension, weight distribution, every little thing all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by khan4rtist
      im getting tired of not seeing alot of things done to the fit, yaris, and versa. why not us?? wtf weve been out longer and have the same power they do.....****ers......what really ticked me off is that extreme dimensions has made some badass mild looking body kits that arent ugly like the ones for the aveo (no offense if you have a body kit, wild kits are not my style) im gonna write to super street and complain to them cause i always see stupid fits and versas and **** being shown off and no mention of an aveo at all...
      all super street will do is put it in the magazine and tell you to go cry on nad's manboobs lol

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mtlswift
      motorweek has the stock fit at 18.1 sec 1/4 mile, 11 sec 0-60 for the auto (with paddle shifters).

Subtle differences lend to different times. Cars have a similar powertrain loss, but not identical, and it's slightly different for two identical models. It's not just HP and torque. aerodynamics, suspension, weight distribution, every little thing all adds up.
      and that 17.9 is slow for us....i ran a 17.65 with a crappy run at the track and ill ive got is CAI which only adds like 3whp if that.

CarDomain
      For mods visit my CarDomain.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AveoSSSupercharged
      Quote Originally Posted by mtlswift

and that 17.9 is slow for us....i ran a 17.65 with a crappy run at the track and ill ive got is CAI which only adds like 3whp if that.
      17.9 that for an auto, don't you have a manual?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast