•  

Thread: Exhaust System (Cat Delete or Cat-Back)

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Exhaust System (Cat Delete or Cat-Back)

Has anyone found a place that we can order a full exhaust kit?

I have a 2005 Aveo Sedan and wanted to give it a "meatier" sound. I am up for a system the deletes the cat or I can upgrade it to a non-CA standard. I was hoping to upgrade the pipe size and remove the resonator and muffler.

Does anyone have any suggestions or do I just need to go to a shop that will bend the pipe for me?

Thanks,
      Siege

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      You should just keep the same size pipe, no reason to make it bigger unless you got a civic, but if you order xaio's header and head to a shop, they can install another muffler to get rid of the stock one and cut out the second cat, you can do this all for under $600 I would say. No ones makes anything for the aveo, and a system like what you are looking for prob cost over a grand easy. For performance upgrades, I would go in this order to to speak...

Cold air intake - $50......AEM found that they add about 4.5-5 HP at the wheels through the whole curve
      Underdrive pulley- $150 i think?........... The pulley also adds a couple of HP, about 2-4
      Xaio's Header- $400...........He said it adds about 5-6HP
      Muffler and Cat delete.......I would guess at maybe 3-4HP as well

For under $1000, you can add about 15-20HP easy, I dont think a tested expensive system would yeild much more power to make it worth your while

Thanks
      I have put in a cold air intake, but the main reason I wanted to upgrade was for a better sounding output. After talking to a couple shops and a fabricator, It sounds like I should be able reasonably put the exhaust out behind my front wheels.

But I am going to see how much it would cost me to get the pipe custom bent and just re-do the exhaust myself with U-Clamps. Then find a muffler that I like the tuning on.
      *Also I haven't seen xaio's headers listed on ebay lately, but do you really think his are that beneficial? Plus I am running a automatic transmission so there is not to many performance gains I can do to it.

Also have you used the pully? what have you noticed helped? because 150 sounds pretty steep for a upgraded pully.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      The header is a really good buy, along with the pulley. I also have an auto but you still pretty much get the same benefits power wise. On the header, xaio did put it on a dyno, there are a couple people on here who have bought the header and reccomend it greatly. The underdrive pulley also was proven to gain power, not a whole lot, but it helps in other ways as well, and with all the other minor upgrades it will also make the pulley more effective.

There are a couple of threads on the fourm about the header and pulley, most of what I know as come from what other people have found, I have the header on its way and the pulley sitting around lol

If you want to buy a header, I can get you xaio's email. He is a really good seller, he has been pretty busy as of late though.

Thanks
      What does buying a under drive pulls do...is that simply an effort to lower weight? That's the only knowledge I have of them..with none of what they do. Read a thread title group buy for light weight under drive pulleypulley