•  

Thread: ECU for turbo

ECU for turbo

im laying out a structure for turbo on my car right now if i even decide to go that way

i know the stock ecu will have to be tossed most likely running 12lbs of boost but will one of the megasquirt standalone units work? that is if anyone has ever heard of them

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: ECU for turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty
      im laying out a structure for turbo on my car right now if i even decide to go that way

i know the stock ecu will have to be tossed most likely running 12lbs of boost but will one of the megasquirt standalone units work? that is if anyone has ever heard of them
      Heck yeah I heard of megasquirt. It is the shiznit! I'm sure it'll work for our car. Shoot it'll work for almost any car because you build it, and wire it yourself. And some may ask, "well how do you get it to crank up and run right off the bat?" Well the answer is this: before you attempt to start the car you have to program megasquirt with your engine specs. Then you can start your tuning

Re: ECU for turbo

Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty

Heck yeah I heard of megasquirt. It is the shiznit! I'm sure it'll work for our car. Shoot it'll work for almost any car because you build it, and wire it yourself. And some may ask, "well how do you get it to crank up and run right off the bat?" Well the answer is this: before you attempt to start the car you have to program megasquirt with your engine specs. Then you can start your tuning
      i just typed in turbo ecu on ebay b/c i knew id need a knew one and i looked over most and then i saw the mighty word "standalone" which caught my attention. i think going turbo you might as well go big if your gonna go at all, besides youll pay a premium if you get greddy emanage which i think is just piggyback.

its 400 dollars and heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGASQUI ... enameZWDVW

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      thats a pretty good price for a MS already assembled. All you'll need to do is wire it up and program it!