•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECM Help!!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

ECM Help!!

hi!
      could any of you guys help me make a choice on a piggyback ecm for my aveo 1.4...im from india and i run in the street stock catagory.my main competitors are the 1.3 swifts and the esteems...they rev way faster than my car and are light as ****!!...

well right now im running a k&n filter ,a complete freeflow exhaust system with a super dynamics can and then the iridiums and performance cables...
      my next idea was to get the 1.6 head on my current block so that i can still run in the catagory and an ecm...

SO HELP!!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: ECM Help!!

I am also running a 1.4DOHC in Singapore.
      I had since swapped the internals with 81.0mm high comp pistons and forged rods. Having 1700+cc now.
      Changed performance flywheel and clutch kit.
      Ported and polished.
      Intake and exhaust mods.

Running 150+ horses on the wheel now.

I am using UNICHIP, it enable quite a lot of tuning function (fuel feeding and ignition timing), except rev limit remover for my car. It can remove rev limit for other cars though.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

so do you think the 1.6 aveo head would fit properly on the 1.4 block?...and yea if you could suggest an ecm where i can get the rev limit removed and get launch control...whats your view on the greddy e manage blue or gold?

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks

The E-Manage will not remove the rev limiter. Rev limiter is there for a reason, to prevent you from blowing up your engine. The motor can produce plenty of power in the current rev range it has now. A rev limit set 1000 rpms higher then stock puts the same stress on the internals as running around 5-6 psi of boost from a turbo kit. Add high compression pistons to the mix and your little engine at 7500 rpms will go boom!

But if you really want to remove the limiter or set it higher, your gonna have to use somekind of stand alone system, like Megasquirt.
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

a lot of other manufacturers have chips that eliminate the rev limiter. Just not the aveo.

Megasquirt is a good option, can replace your actual system for the price of most piggy backs.

you can go SDS too, but its more $$

don't know too much about actual piggyback systems though, cause i could always gets a custom chip burned for the vw. And if a custom burn wouldn't do it, standalone would.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

hey thanks a lot for your help...but hey do you think the aveo sedan stands a chance against the swift 1.3 sohc and the esteem 1.3 sohc?? and what would i have to get done?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

how much that unichip**** cost??????????????????????

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild_4lyfe
      hey thanks a lot for your help...but hey do you think the aveo sedan stands a chance against the swift 1.3 sohc and the esteem 1.3 sohc?? and what would i have to get done?
      well we are heavier, but the base hp is about the same or comparable, i think. i would say it would depend on the driver mostly in a stock vs stock. But the mods will play a big part, i would change the muffler, it freed up a lot for me, and then get a CAI, to let the whole engine breathe.

Next would be good tires, wider and less weight than the stock set up. Then practice driving.

Thanks

1.4 and 1.6 have the same head. No point changing.

U should change the block.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildchild_4lyfe
      so do you think the 1.6 aveo head would fit properly on the 1.4 block?...and yea if you could suggest an ecm where i can get the rev limit removed and get launch control...whats your view on the greddy e manage blue or gold?
      get emanage gold. Although it cannot remove rev cut, it have most function like the unichip I am using.

Or can try EMS stand alone. It can fit any car also like emanage gold. Except emanage gold is selling very cheap nowadays, abt $500-600US can get one. I have one new set for sale extra lying around, selling $500US shipped. If you want, I can have it shipped to you at $480 everything inclusive. EMS stand alone is $1000+US. Too ex I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast