•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e3 sparkplugs

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: e3 sparkplugs

i actually have ran the tank down to almost empty twice, filled at 2 different stations, and one tank ran octane booster. actually this tank of gas right now is runnin the octane booster and still i have probs. i will go tinker later today and update. i gotta pull my injectors and reseat them so....

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      humm random knocking. I've been thinking maybe you got some "bad gas", I know weird, buy it's happened before. If you put "plus" or "extra" in whatever your gas station calls it, does it still knock?

If it does, probably something is messing timing (which I doubt) or IAT sensor. A too big change of real world value will cause some problems.

Of course he's got bad gas, we've been eating corned beef and cabbage the last week and a half..LMAO
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      Quote Originally Posted by ontarian_frog
      The only time you're neo is having an effect is when you're out of closed loop, when the ECU relies on IAT and MAP sensor to figure the amount of air coming in. When the ECU uses the oxygen sensors, in closed loop, it will lean out any attempt to enrich the A/F mixture.

yup i know it really only works at WOT, or when ur car is in a cold start lol. today i heard a ticking sound comin from my motor, i checked the code, it was a knock sensor code, cleared it, and the motor stopped ticking. so now i am really confused. but im gonna change the plugs tomorrow anyways just to see if it works to my advantage. i still got my stock plugs so i will use them first.

i will shoot back!
      yea something wasn't firing right or like he said you got bad gasoline ( had to use that so ronebabe doesnt make any more bad jokes ) i think its wierd that it fixed itself tho so its more than likely the latter

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

well it only fixed itself once i cleared the code with my OBDII scanner.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hi! I am new to this forum, and new to the 08 Aveo LS! I have been looking to get all the additional power out of my car as possible! Speaking of sparkplugs... has anybody had any experience with Pulstar or Denso plugs? Both claim a slight increase in hp... especially the Pulstar, which boasts like 10x as much energy as a regular sparkplug. I am also considering cold-air intake... Ontarian Frog, you mentioned something about "leaning out" any attempt to enrich the A/F mixture if it is in "closed loop"... What would be necessary to get the max out of a cold air intake? I have looked at MANY engine chips on the market... Best so far looks like SLR Motorsports. Would the chip make any adjustments needed for me? Providing it works properly? Any info on any of these items would be greatly appreciated! =]

Thanks
      I tested pulstar plugs for a while and there was no noticeable difference in power or gas mileage. After about a year one of the plugs failed and I went back to regular plugs.

If you want more power, don't waste your time hunting down expensive spark plugs.

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Thanks
      Sweet, Daox! Thanx... That seems to be what a lot of people say; whether or not they notice a power increase, most people who have left'em in for awhile have had problems... Gonna stick with AC Delco or NGK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12