•  

Thread: Creaking sound, when reversing or rocking car back and forth in park?????

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Creaking sound, when reversing or rocking car back and forth in park?????

I have no idea what could be causing this sound. I pulled up to my garage, turned the car around and backed in, when I did this'll.I thought I heard two creaking sounds..when I put it in park and opened the door and got out..I know I heard it...I tried rocking it back and forth...and that reproduced the sound. Seems to be coming from driver side front tire area. I put my head in engine cavity, and in wheel well...it all sounds like it's coming from that area..I don't believe it's driving related...meaning it didn't happen while I was driving.lol,just happened from the car moving back and forth...on the frame? Because it does it when the car is off and in park as well...any ideas on what might be causing this sound?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Read Brandon 11/4/2009

Creeking Noise in Front End - Page 2 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

could that be it? If so, doers seem to be the worst problem ever....I thought it had to something to do with cai cause it's been raining a bit tonight, even though it's on the opposite side, water level wasn't even up to top of show..which is about halfway to bottom of plastic underbody guard and then another couple inches to filter. I was freaking out....HYDROLOCK!!!!! Luckily,probably not..but if it's the lower control arm bushings....jc Whitney has them for like 50 bucks...so that wont break the bank, if it is indeed thatwhich is causing the creaking sound

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      mine creaks, but only when the wheels are turned and the car's nose is either up or down. I've lubricated every rubber piece in the front suspension to no avail; I've chalked it up to being a unique quirk of the car.