Alright i thought I'd start a sticky thread containing all the cheap mods I am doing, where to get parts, semi how-to, and prices....

Oil Catch "Bottle"

Just did this one today, Feb 20, 2007. Alright first I will list the parts
Parts:
HUSKY 1/4 In. Air Compressor line Filter ~$12

2 of 1/4 NPT Male Hose end ~$2/ peice (basically airline coupler)

~2ft of rubber or clear hose w/ 1/4" ID (don't know a price, found it in my garage)
All parts can be found at Home Depot. Don't go to Lowes for these parts because they do not carry HUSKY parts. Also make sure you ask a competent assistant. Ask one person at one store and they said they dont carry the air comp filter but lowes did so i went there and then that lowes guy told me that home depot is the one that carries husky. So i just went to another home depot and actually got someone helpful and told me exactly where it was.

Directions:
First, you take the Air comp filter and unscrew the filter out and you will be left with the clear bulb and top. Then take your two 1/4" NPT male hose plugs and screw them into both sides of the top of the Air comp filter. Next undo the hose coming for the top of the engine to the air intake, this is the hose you will be replacing but keep the fasteners clips on each end. Now run the rubber/ clear hose you got from the top of the engine to the top of the air comp filter ( tighten the engine side down with the original metal clip) Also make sure the arrow on the top of the air comp filter points in the direction of flow towards the intake. Now run another piece of hose for the other side of the air comp filter to back to the intake and fasten the hose to the intake with the original metal clip. Make sure you get enough hose slack to zip tie the catch bottle where you want it to be mounted. I attached mine to my strut bar. I looks nice, Cost $25 buck when said and done, and is clear so you can see how much is trapped in there. the catch can is only 2" deep and 1 1/2" wide but should be just the right size for our car. I will be adding pictures later.

Things to look foward to:
Homemade grounding kit
Modified $50 D16 header