•  

Thread: Change to Optra engine

Change to Optra engine

Question 1.Engine
      Hi anyone can tell me it's possible aveo engine change up to 1.8 optra engine? Please give more advise.

Question 2.Timing Belt
      May i know normaly how often we change the timing belt? it's 60km or 80km? Service centre will told me is 60km. Last time 60km i changed now is 120km so it's the time have to change?

Thank you!

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      The service manual says every 60k miles on the 07. So im gussing its the same or close to on all models.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Probably possible. What engine do you have in your aveo? Sorry I dont know allot about the car, esp in other Countrys. I know a 2.0 optra swap into an 1.6 aveo is very possible and not too hard...and I'm almost positive that the 1.8l optra uses the same mounts as the 2.0.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      Probably possible. What engine do you have in your aveo? Sorry I dont know allot about the car, esp in other Countrys. I know a 2.0 optra swap into an 1.6 aveo is very possible and not too hard...and I'm almost positive that the 1.8l optra uses the same mounts as the 2.0.
      im pretty sure they use the same mounts as well. cus i think the 1.8 and the 2.0 are the same but just have different stroke lengths. someone correct me if i am wrong plz.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      im pretty sure they use the same mounts as well. cus i think the 1.8 and the 2.0 are the same but just have different stroke lengths. someone correct me if i am wrong plz.
      That's what my memory tells me and my 2.0 UD pulley works on the 1.8s as well

In Malaysia aveo is using 1.5 SOCH engine. It's really can change to 1.8 DOCH optra engine? I try to ask alot of foreman or workshop ppl they all told me no idea and very hard to convert coz alot of parts have to modify. Can fix in the optra real disc brek or not? my aveo is using drum right now so lousy! hehe.....I try to find out half cut shop they also not usre can be fix in or not. Hope anyone can give me a right answer. TQ!

WOW! If really can convert to optra engine i think performance should not bad.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      Ah but not very hard as in how? Are the mounts the same and does the wiring harness just plug right in?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by bioskiller
      In Malaysia aveo is using 1.5 SOCH engine. It's really can change to 1.8 DOCH optra engine? I try to ask alot of foreman or workshop ppl they all told me no idea and very hard to convert coz alot of parts have to modify. Can fix in the optra real disc brek or not? my aveo is using drum right now so lousy! hehe.....I try to find out half cut shop they also not usre can be fix in or not. Hope anyone can give me a right answer. TQ!

WOW! If really can convert to optra engine i think performance should not bad.
      Hmm, I dunno then. I'd say go take a look at an optra and see about the mounts and whatnot. What tranny do you have?

Also do a search on daewootech.com, I know a few people from other Countrys have done the 2.0 swap (most of them the same as your 1. but I can't recall if any of them replaced a 1.5 or what.

Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981

Ah but not very hard as in how? Are the mounts the same and does the wiring harness just plug right in?
      I'm really not sure on the details, have only read bits about it. I can tell you more hopfully in the near future as I plan on buying a 1.6 lanos as soon as I find at least a decent deal and swapping my spare 2.0 in it as soon as I finish making some parts for the 1.6l motor