Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Thanks rabbit!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Rabbit, those injectors in my car have extended tips on them and I really can't find other injectors like them but there are a bunch that I think would fit, they just have the regular tips on them. Do you think regular tip injectors would work? They wouldn't spray as far down into the cylinder port obviously but I think they may still work. Thoughts?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      if its the one posted in your garage, i think you need a similar one for optimum use.

i think audi tt 225 use that style injector? i had one, i think they had that design..
      and a 1.8T would have more than enough flow for you application? but verify that.

or, i believe since it is the "same" engine, they would be the correct dimensions, but also higher flow? as far along as you are,you could on ebay.uk, or germany and try getting a set of 2008+ corsa vxr 1.6 injectors?
      Last edited by petrified.rabbit; 01-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Yes it is the thinner one in the pic in my garage. The reason I was asking if the extended tip is critical is because I was talking to a guy at Deatsch Werks fuel systems about injectors and he seemed to think that just a standard nozzle tip would suffice. I don't really know if I believe him or not. So I really appreciate your help and I will def. look into both of those and try and find out what their flowrate and dimensions are. I will let you know what I come up with then. Thanks.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      it would really depend on the manifold design more than anything imho. if the stock tip "extends" the injector into the middle of the manifold, and a standard length tip just sits at the top of the manifold and is unblocked from the valve (so to speak) i dont see a problem either. If the short injector ends up recessed in the manifold or relocates the tip so there is a blockage before the valve, you could still get away with it if vacuum would pull it into the cylinder, but i would think the efficiency would be compromised. NOW under boost, I am not sure how that will be effected, as you still have the airflowing into the cylinder but its + charged and not sucked in by vacuum. So i dont see how the fuel would be ok recessed in its own chamber with the shorter tip. I think more of it would end up "dripping" into the manifold.

does that make sense?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Ya it makes good sense. I'm not entirely sure what the case would be. I don't really know how far down in the injectors go, but surely they put the extended tips on for a reason.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Off of the injector discussion for now, i'm thinking that the 2" stock exhaust should be plenty right? I kinda feel like with a 3" downpipe and I have a free flowing muffler that I got off a buddy of mine that he had on his tiburon with a 2.5" inlet that running 2" pipe between them would be kinda dumb. However, at 6 lbs I'm only pulling about 1.3 times the air of n/a and i think realistically it would handle the flow. Thoughts?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      its always something you can open up later, any idea what the "stock diameter on the cruze 1.4t is?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast