•  

Thread: Anyone use an AEM Bypass with a Chomeintake CAI?

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Anyone use an AEM Bypass with a Chomeintake CAI?

AS the title says... I am considering a Chomeintake CAI but I would need a Bypass valve to attach onto it. Has anyone purchased the Chomeintake CAI and installed the AEM Bypass Valve with it? Is it just a 'plug-n'play' kind of scenario? Thanks!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: Anyone use an AEM Bypass with a Chomeintake CAI?

you just get a 3" bypass and use it in between the two pipes instead of the provided silicone coupler.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Awesome. Thank you for the quick reply... to all of my posts so far he he. You are quite helpful on these forums I've noticed! So the bypass should allow me to keep the CAI on all year round without having to worry much about water/slush etc?

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

ive run a cai year round without one.. it works fine.

my only suggestion, is if its below freezing for long periods of time, you might want to take the front pipe off and use it as a short ram in the extreme cold.. but i didn't do that either.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Yeah I live up in Edmonton, Alberta here in Canada. To say if it gets below freezing is an understatement he he. Our winters get up to -50 Celsius. Sounds good though! Thank you for the advice. I may just save an few extra bucks and go with the AEM CAI instead of the Chromeintake. I like the gunmetal grey look better he he. Thanks again!

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Actually I could see one issue with using the AEM CAI with the AEM Bypass. Correct me if I am wrong though please. The Chomeintake CAIs on Ebay for example appear to have 2 spots where you'd put a coupling thing, and you would then put the Bypass in place of one of these couplings. The AEM CAI however appears to be one solid piece, so where would you put the AEM Bypass on that? Maybe I'll stick with the Chomeintake. It's cheaper in price and it looks like it would work easier with the Bypass. Anymore input would be greatly appreciated.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 87Aveo
      Actually I could see one issue with using the AEM CAI with the AEM Bypass. Correct me if I am wrong though please. The Chomeintake CAIs on Ebay for example appear to have 2 spots where you'd put a coupling thing, and you would then put the Bypass in place of one of these couplings. The AEM CAI however appears to be one solid piece, so where would you put the AEM Bypass on that? Maybe I'll stick with the Chomeintake. It's cheaper in price and it looks like it would work easier with the Bypass. Anymore input would be greatly appreciated.
      You'd put the bypass between the AEM pipe and the throttle body... You'have to find out from AEM what size the pipe is... I believe it's 2.5" but dont quote me on that.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

you cant put it on the throttle body. it wont work.

youll need to cut the aem pipe, imho though, its not worth twice? the money. If you want different color, paint it with some high heat paint, it will improve its performance as well. you can also request different colors couplings.