•  

Thread: Any one know anything about this?

GrySqrl
      Thanks

Any one know anything about this?

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      This is NOT bolt on.

It is a UNIVERSAL kit some guy put together using cheap ass parts.

There is alot of work to make this fit and work right, a turbo kit that fits the Aveo right off the bat does NOT exist.

If you want my honest opinion, stay away from crappy universal kits you find on ebay! You are going to have to replace everything anyway since the parts are so damn cheap!

If you are serious about going turbo, do it the right way with QUALITY parts! In the long run you will not regret it, trust me!

Spend the few extra bux to buy decent parts at least, im not saying go buy the most expensive stuff out there, but definitely not ebay crap! Now i'm not saying everything on ebay is crap, just that most of these cheap turbo kits are. You can find good deals on good parts if you take the time to look around.

A good site to start is CXRacing

They have pretty decent stuff, most of my kit comes from them (the turbo and accessories, charge piping, intercooler, downpipe) The turbo isn't the best, but it's a decent unit for a starter kit until you can buy a good one, will last you a long time if you take care of it. (a friend of mine ran the cheapest cx racing turbo for 3 years with no problems and sold it, it's now running in another car perfectly)

I bought a good blow off valve and wastegate and you will also need a good air/fuel wideband gauge.

Turbocharging a car is not cheap, it's way more then those 4-500 bux ebay kits. Even if you take the time to look around it will still cost you at least 1500 dollars in parts alone. You don't want to try to save some money and buy crappy parts and have them malfunction on you (this just happened to a guy i know, he bought an ebay turbo kit for his civic, now even tho it was bolt on cause hey it's a civic afterall, the turbo lasted less then 30 minutes and it blew, he had it rebuilt for 375 bux with garrett internals)

Now where did he save money in that? Not to mention his blow off valve is some knockoff of an hks unit, who knows how long that will work, same for the wastegate.

Take your time, shop around and get good parts!
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

GrySqrl
      Thanks
      ok thanks. by the time i get the last installment of my bonus i should have had time to find everything