•  

Thread: Aem cai

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Aem cai

Has anybody taken the dive and gotten the AEM cai for an 08 hatch.. How does it fit?? I am about to order one but on the aem website it says like 04-07 but not 08 i do not wanna get screwed by not being able to return it if it rattles or dosnt fit exactly right on the 08.
      Please help i want to order it tomorrow if possible

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      it should fit the 08 hatch, but you would be wasting your money on just a pretty pipe really. Any kind of mod on these cars, even a intake, requires a little bit R&D, did you contact chromeintakes?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      thanks for the responce yet again haha. Yes i did and no responce yet. My two other vehicles are classic show trucks so im used to ALOT of room in the engine bay to work with ive only had one other car besides the Aveo and that was a toyota solara. I got an aem intake for that and it fit beautifully. Just with these little cars not having any room in the engine bay to work with is quite annoying. Hopefully they will take it back im at work tonight and i am going to take the chromeintakes cai off and put the factory airbox back on in the mean time and hopefully i can figure something out. i just remember reading somewhere on here about a few people who had it and said they had no install problems what so ever i just cant find the thread.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks
      yeah, it just seems that the one pipe got too long lol, mine didnt fit right, but I was able to make it it