•  
    Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i work at a holiday inn express looking into moving to orlando FL to work at another hotel. I plan on going to school to be a storyboard artist artist and work for pixar.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by matt11573 View Post
      i work at a holiday inn express looking into moving to orlando FL to work at another hotel. I plan on going to school to be a storyboard artist artist and work for pixar.
      You may want to read Steve Jobs biography book if you want to increase your chances to work for Pixar. It will give you a better perspective what kind of company it is.

Thanks
      I am a tractor trailer driver i love my car it feels like a go cart after jumping out of a 70 foot long truck lol

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I'm an Account Executive at a Fortune 500 company. I sort of fell into my Aveo helping out a family member who had a stroke and won't drive again. I was looking at Fiat 500s because my Volvo wagon blew an oil line and seized the motor at 200k. We have a Suburban as well so I wanted something small that I could give to my son when he turns 16 in a few years. Then my wife's uncle needed to sell his car because he won't be driving anymore.
      I 've driven European cars for the last 15 years or so. (2 Volvo's & a Landrover). Let's face it, it's no Landrover, especially since he got 0 options. I have crank windows for Pete's sake, but what it is is a terrific little car! It drives great and I don't need to finance service or parts! Realistically I didn't use most of what the Landrover had to offer anyway, the heated windshield was used one time in an ice storm but that's it. I love this little Aveo! I can get my whole family (5) and my son's hockey gear in it. It takes some packing but it gets there.
      The icing on the cake is that I get to spend my days driving around to visit customers and my company pays for the Aveo and my gas to boot. I wanted to say hi and you guys have a great forum here and there is a ton of awesome info for an awesome car. I may keep buying Aveo derivatives and never drive a Euro car again.
      Last edited by Ducman491; 07-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks
      Former Marine, I used to work on generators and trucks. Its nice to see other military folks here. I currently work as a field service engineer. I drive all over Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois and the top of Indiana.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Network engineer, handling several companies personally. Have a smart fortwo as well getting engine rebuilt to better spec. Aveo was first love, and is currently on its 7th incarnation. Driving definitely comes with my job, and the aveo has 171k on to odometer to show for it. Still shes a work in progress (sigh).

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I'm a logistics analyst for a medical technology company.

I was actually gifted the Aveo by my extremely generous brother-in-law. He was moving to Europe and decided that he'd rather take his GTO with the LS2 than the itty-bitty Aveo.

What do you mean there's no turbo? M33EVL's Avatar
      Thanks
      IT Analyst at Regents College London,
      when ever i get a chance to work on the car really.. sometimes its an all nighter in the garage.. sometimes all weekend just a matter of when i get free time which is rare

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      My position has changed.

This fall I will be teaching, I will be an autobody instructor at a local vocational school.
      I still work freelance as a painter/builder/fabricator of cars.
      I also enjoy working at a beer distributor (so i can afford my craft drinking habit).

So 3 jobs.

Thanks
      Union delivery guy teamsters 364. I get every wed off so I leave that for projects got aveo done now wrking on wifes 08 commander just put 20"s on it and ordered chrome pkg shld be here nxt week.Name:  003.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  302.3 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  307.2 KBName:  008.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  289.5 KBName:  007.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  277.7 KBName:  006.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  281.5 KBName:  009.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  283.3 KBName:  010.jpg