•  

Thread: Warranty-Hood alarm.

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Warranty-Hood alarm.

Okay, so the Aveo of mine is still in the family. Which I am glad about.. the warranty ended at 35,000 miles. While it was still covered I brought it in twice for the Hood alarm sensor. They finally had it fixed but now that I am about to hit 40,000 (warranty is already up) My alarm is going off again.. due to the hood alarm sensor. If I bring it back in will they still fix it for free seeing as how they have "fixed" that same problem on this car already..twice?
      If not, how much will it cost to get fixed.. I need to know soon. I cant lock up my car! The alarm will randomly go on, and off while sleeping, at work, at the grocery store.. everywhere. It is embarassing.

...HELP...

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT
      2007 Schwinn Sport LX 150

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: Warranty-Hood alarm.

hmm i know mine would lock but not set the alarm after my accident because the hood bent up slightly so the button wasnt depressed all the way so we just lowered the hood stops...but as for randomly going off i dont know. first question would be if u activate the alarm but pop open the hood will the alarm go off? if so then it seems that your button may be walking the fine line of being depressed and activating the alarm and then any slight change, i.e. wind, causes it not to be depressed and set the alarm. so try lowering the hood stops and see if that helps

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

^mmmhhhmmmmm, i got same problem, goin to address it tomorrow. it wasnt bad for a while, just every once in a while my alarm would go off. nothin major, let it run its course and it will be done. then it started goin off in the night right next to our neighbors house. i took the switch out, found out it was all corroded and ****ty. cleaned it, modified it to where the nub(part that hood presses down upon) is a lil taller but it still goes off. so, im gonna look at what else i can do to fix it.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks

hmm what year do u have jaylibby? made the switch is just faulty for a certain year and corrodes easily

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaylibby
      If I bring it back in will they still fix it for free seeing as how they have "fixed" that same problem on this car already..twice?
      If not, how much will it cost to get fixed.. I need to know soon. I cant lock up my car!
      Warranty and cost questions can only be answered by the dealership.

Yes you can lock your doors, just use your key in the driver door. Will lock without the alarm. Unlock with remote.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

the doors should also still lock with the button on the keyless remote if it is just a problem with the hoom switch.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

they will, but if the switch is touchy its pointless. if ur alarm activates only to go off 2 minutes after u walk away from ur car... i would disconnect hood switch first, then u just have no alarm but u still (like aveosam said) have the convenience of the keyless. its easy to disconnect, just pop off ur grill and unclip it from underneath.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.