•  

Thread: So I think I screwed up...

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

So I think I screwed up...

Hey guys I need some help. Yesterday I bought a new stereo for my car and it had a different connector, and I didn't have a wiring harness so my friend and I decided to crimp the wires together (I know it was a stupid idea...)

We followed this guide - 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Car Audio Wiring Diagram

and we connected the corresponding colors to the ones on the new radio, but now the radio fails to even power on...

On the new radio there is no dimmer/illumination wire which kind of confuses me, but I'm pretty sure I have wired them correctly. My friend crimped the wires together just buy twisting them and we taped them with duct tape could that be the problem?

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thats not crimping wires, Never use duct tape in place of electrical tape by the way. Crimping wires is using crimps to join them. Thats how it should be done, not just taping them together, youll end up losing something in a couple weeks if you do that. And im confused, did you cut out the factory audio connector? If so, you might be screwed. the wire colors correspond between wire harness and head unit, not factory radio and head unit