•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member From Ohio

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: New member From Ohio

Does that fit the 2009. Looks nice. Do you have to remove the inner fender or something to get enough air in there?
      Or is the filter down in the open?

Thanks for the info BTW

2009 Chevy Aveo5 LS
      2007 Chevy Corvette Z06
      2002 GMC Yukon XL (my tow vehicle)
      1978 Jeep Renagade CJ5 Levi Edition
      1965 Pontiac GTO (428, Tripower, 4spd)

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason2009
      Does that fit the 2009. Looks nice. Do you have to remove the inner fender or something to get enough air in there?
      Or is the filter down in the open?

Thanks for the info BTW
      Thats why I said it may or may not work for an 09, depends on your engine. If you can take a picture of your engine bay that'd be great. Basically if it says "ecotec" on your valve cover it wont work, but if it says "e-tec" it should. You have to remove the air filter box and intake resonator of course to make room for the cold air intake piping and cone filter. The cone filter is down in the fender well, you have to remove (or very skillfully move) the fender well liner and the filter goes in there.
      I would not completely remove the liner though.
      A high-pressure area builds up in front of the radiator when the car is at speed. This air flows around the radiator into the fender cavities to create a source of high-pressure ambient air for induction. This is an old hot-rodder's trick and is done on purpose by manufacturers. Air passing over a surface creates a low pressure area on the surface, so if you then put a hole in the bottom fender or remove the liner, you are in fact creating a low pressure area. This will actually pull air OUT of the fender, not into it. If you don't believe the manufacturer knew what they were doing, go ahead and cut a hole, but fashion some sort of scoop facing the high-speed air stream.
      What a lot of Aveo owners (lincluding me) that do not have fog lights have done is actually drill out the honeycomb pattern where the fog lights go to allow more air to flow directly into the fender well. This is different from cutting a hole in the bottom of the liner or removing it as it does not create a low pressure zone to pull air out, but rather exposes the filter to more cooler, faster, moving air. If we can see a closer shot of your fog light housing and area around it we can tell you if it would be a benefit or not.
      Unfortunently my knowledge is only good for 1st gen Aveos. If you look around, there may be some "how tos" on cold air intakes (cai), ram/warm air intakes, and GOAT intakes. They all should give you a good idea of whats involved.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with the ram air intakes and how they work just not how they go on newer cars. I'll take some pics and post them. I'd like to add this but from what I understand there is a bit of a difference with the intake. I'll take pics though and post them soon.
      2009 Chevy Aveo5 LS
      2007 Chevy Corvette Z06

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

2009 Chevy Aveo5 LS
      2007 Chevy Corvette Z06

Thanks

unforuntently my CAI wont work with yours oh well, saves you $100 But it does look like you can still do a GOAT intake and drill out

Thanks

Nice, I didn't trade anything in but I got mine for 10,400 w/ 7 years bumper-bumper warrantee and oil changes for life. We don't have sales tax in Alaska.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

oh yeah welcome. there are starting to be enough members by the time i get through hunters and wolfs posts i can't keep up.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman AK907
      Nice, I didn't trade anything in but I got mine for 10,400 w/ 7 years bumper-bumper warrantee and oil changes for life. We don't have sales tax in Alaska.

Nice. I didn't get the warrantee and oil changes but I did get 0% financing. I though I got a pretty good deal. They didn't have to many left because of the CFC deal. I save enough money with not driving my Yukon or my trade in that it pays for itself. I used to put $60+ a week in the other cars but my Aveo was $22 to fill up and has lasted more than a week. Do the math and its more than my $150 payment.
      2009 Chevy Aveo5 LS
      2007 Chevy Corvette Z06

Thanks

Yeah, that's not bad at all. I think you still get the 2 year bumper to bumper and 5 year powertrain warrantee from GM though right?
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

yr 36000 btb and 5 yr 100000 powertrain. ...which works for me.
      They offered the extended one but I couldn't imagine there is much to go wrong with so few gadgets on it. I got the extended on the wifes car because it has all the fancy stuff on it. I couldn't see another 900 with as little as this one has. Especiallyu with the 100k powertrain on it already.

2009 Chevy Aveo5 LS
      2007 Chevy Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast