•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Aftermarket Parts!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: New Aftermarket Parts!

and besides that, i dont wanna give someone 500 bucks and wait months for a part :0

it bothers me greatly though when people pay more for a used 2000 civic with 120k miles than they do for a new aveo, quite a shame people are so steyotypical like me :0

What do you mean there's no turbo? trempus's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      The problem is not enough return on their investment. A lot of interest is expressed, but when it comes time to put up, no one wants to do it. To be honest, the reason most people opt for the Aveo over say a honda is because of PRICE. Well if the people buying Aveos are worried about price, they are not inclined to purchase expensive aftermarket parts. That along with the fact that there are so few Aveos, the market just isn't there.
      but some people have a set budget for the whole car, so the less they pay to purchase the car the more aftermarket parts they can get

2004 chevy aveo---
      2006 chevy uplander

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
      You'd be surprised, aveo's are becoming as common as civics, beleive it or not... o.O
      lol what are you smoking

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

I can buy a 95 Honda for $500 and stick $25,000 in mods like some of my friends, but I'm not into Hondas. I like driving something different and the price was not the only thing that made me buy my Aveo5.
      I really like this car and the way it looks, god I haven't seen one like mine in the is hole city. Not like the 10 thousand plus Hondas.
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

What do you mean there's no turbo? trempus's Avatar
      Thanks

yeah same here's there's only 2 modified aveo in the area, and i'm one of them

2004 chevy aveo---
      2006 chevy uplander

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LarsBud
      I can buy a 95 Honda for $500 and stick $25,000 in mods like some of my friends, but I'm not into Hondas. I like driving something different and the price was not the only thing that made me buy my Aveo5.
      I really like this car and the way it looks, god I haven't seen one like mine in the is hole city. Not like the 10 thousand plus Hondas.
      we take pride in our aveo's too :P

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I like performance... But idk if I'm going to be able to get that out of this car, so I'm going to make it nice and if I still want more performance out of a four banger I'm gonna try to get a cobalt ss... Lol, keep the aveo of course, because I love it. I just have a need for speed... I need some reassurance tho... can this car be fast? lol

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
      I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I like performance... But idk if I'm going to be able to get that out of this car, so I'm going to make it nice and if I still want more performance out of a four banger I'm gonna try to get a cobalt ss... Lol, keep the aveo of course, because I love it. I just have a need for speed... I need some reassurance tho... can this car be fast? lol
      didn't you buy an automatic ? need for speed? what?

for the 10k you didnt spend going up to a cobalt ss, unless you go used supercharged (which isn't bad either), you can either swap in the ss drivetrain figure @ 4k for the drivetrain out of a wrecked car, and 6k (overpriced guess) for the install. you could spend 5k on custom turbo kit and programmable standalone, a lot less if you can do any of it yourself. For 3-4k You could build a high compression cammed NA engine with custom manifolds, etc.. (again a lot less if you can do it yourself.)

even doing things like light weight wheels and sticky tires will increase performance by reducing static weight. I forget the conversion, but its like 2 lbs off of each wheel, (8lbs from the set) feels like 1 hp on take off?

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks

Fast is nice, but you can't really use it. Quick off the line and can I through it around winding streets is more important to me. That’s why I’m adding front & rear strut bars, the front lower bar, the 16mm rear anti-roll bar, and the Apex 30mm lowering springs.
      Off the line I’m pretty quick, my shifting is quite smooth, but once I add the air intake and tweak the engine. I’ll be where I want.
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Well when I got this car I had no interest in performance, I just started taking classes for auto mechanics at college, and am really really interested in engine performance, so of course I want to make my engine faster, just don't know how...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast