•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NEED HIDs

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I'm sure there are. All you should need are some H4 bi-xenons IIRC.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      DO NOT PUT IN A HID KIT IN HALOGEN HOUSING. Wow guys, this is not safe to other drivers on the road. I can not tell you how many people do this and blind oncoming traffic. To get the proper use of HID's please visit hidplanet and check out Retrofitting, PLEASE. Projectors are used for HID's to use the light properly from the HID bulbs. The reflector bowls in our Aveo's are not made to handle a Plug-In-Play or more commonly referred to as a PNP HID kit. As some one already stated, because of the glare factor. Bi-xenon is when your projector has a shield that moves up and down to throw light above the cut off line (hence the name HIGH-BEAM, since it throws light HIGHER above the cut off) to create a high beam. There is no BI-Xenon bulb, just Bi-Xenon projectors. There are dual filament bulbs, google it, like the ones used in our car. Please do some more research before sticking a PNP kit into your car and having worse light output then you started with. When you have light output that just glares everywhere except the on the road in front of you, you have less usable light. You might light up the the tops of cars and trees, but if the light is not on the ground, what good is it doing you?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      That's a nice first post, bro. He can aim them way low and somewhat rectify the glare, but yes, the retrofits are the way to go.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      but aiming them down will be a loss in distance vision, no? If there is a lot of foreground light, it will give you a sense of false brightness. The more light we have closer to our eyes, our pupils are less dilated. So you would have a good chance of out driving your lights. Meaning at highway speeds, if your lights are aimed down, you can not see far enough a head of your car to maneuver safely around an object on the road. Better lights/lighting are suppose to enhance your vision and safety. Not be a hassle. I just bought a 2005 Lt sedan for my wife. And going to have a retrofit done. I'll pose pics once it is done.

Last edited by lights; 02-28-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234