•  

Thread: Mass air flow sensor-does 2007 aveo have one?

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Mass air flow sensor-does 2007 aveo have one?

Hi, new to this forum. I have a 2007 4 door Aveo with 1.6 L motor with 29,000 miles on it. Trying to locate the mass air flow sensor to clean it. I see the air flow temp sensor in the air flow tube coming off of the air filter box, but no MAF sensor. Does this vehicle have one? I know it has and located the MAP sensor. Also like to know when everyone is replacing the timing belt on this motor and if anyone has had the timing belt break, if so at what mileage are they changing or had it break on them. I know this is a interference motor and don't want to wait for the timing belt to fail, but also don't want to replace it to soon as this is costly on labor. This is my wifes car and I like to do all maintence myself ie.tuneups, brakes, oil changes and filters. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      1. There is no MAF, you won't find it. It has IAT and MAP sensors.
      2. Timing belt should be replaced at 50k miles. Or somewhere thereabout.

That is a very low mileage car and should last you very long. You probably will have to do the spark plugs soon. I'm sure they are out of spec by now. I'd go with platinum or iridium and forget about them for 100k miles.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      ontarian_frog thankyou for the quick reply. I did not think it had a MAF sensor as I could not locate it. I will be getting the timing belt replaced at the 50k miles. Any idea what it would cost for the dealer to replace the timing belt and water pump and tensioner, as I don't really have the time to do this myself. I plan on replacing the spark plugs and the serpentine belt myself at 30k miles and will pay the extra for the iridium plugs as they will be the last set i will replace before selling the car after it is 10-12 years old. Just put my first set of front brake pads on at 27k miles and had the rotors turned. While I was doing that noticed one of the front struts was leaking fluid so replaced both of them and adjusted the back brake shoes. It does have very low mileage because my wife only drives it back and forth to work. So it will take a couple more years till she hits 50k. I know that time can take a toll on rubber belts as well as the mileage so I would rather be safe then sorry as the car will be 8-9 years old before she hits the 50k mark.Thanks again for taking the time to reply to this thread.