•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its me again!

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks

Its me again!

I havent had much free time to browse around here to see whats new. for those that dont know, I sold my 04 Aveo 3 months ago. apparently the kid that bought my aveo never transferred the title. WELL, I got a certified letter last week from a towing company that wants me to come pay the towing and storage fees and take the car. SO, I may get the aveo back LOL

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      lol that sounds like it is going to be a mess, does he have any legal standing for getting the car back? If not, you made out like a king

Thanks
      their is no bill of sale, I did sign the title though. but, since he has not transfered the title into his name, he will not be able to show proof of ownership or registration to pay the fees and reclaim the car. depending on why the aveo was towed, if he was parked in a no parking and it was towed, he may not be able to locate the aveo. since the title is still in my name, the tow company holding the car could only get my info, so the kid that bought it probably has no clue where it is. I need to call the tow company and find out why they towed it. if the kid wrecked it and left it where it was, I wont bother with it. if it was just towed for parking or something, it may be worth while to pay the fees, get it back and put a for sale sign back in the window LOL

Thanks
      I just got off the phone with the tow company, the aveo was wrecked. the lady didnt say what the nature of the wreck was but that their was signifigant damage

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I figured, may we worth seeing if you can part it out possibly? Now the tables turn, would you be able to sue for the damages and or towing and storage fees?

Thanks
      the towing company isnt actually requesting money. they were basically letting me know what the fees are if I want to come get it. after the lady I spoke with told me it was towed after it had been wrecked, I told her that I had sold the vehicle and didnt know how to get ahold of the kid and she said its nothing to worry about. Once the aveo has been on their lot for 20 days it goes to auction, if not sold it gets crushed. she said they cant legally come after me for anything, they will make their money back by auction or scrap. My wife is bummed though, she told me it makes her sad knowing this is happening to the aveo after all the money, work, and time I put into it.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey Paul, nice to see you again. I wonder what would happen if you did take your Aveo back then parted it out to all of us? Would you make the fees back and then some?
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by NYChevoo View Post
      Hey Paul, nice to see you again. I wonder what would happen if you did take your Aveo back then parted it out to all of us? Would you make the fees back and then some?
      I bet he could. Especially if the wheels and such are all still good.

Thanks
      The biggest issue i would have, the lady said it has significant damage, if it isnt driveable, I would have no way to get it home, or to work for dismantling purposes. I am going to try and go look at it this weekend. depending on damage, its got curbed enkei 17x7 RS6 rims, kyb shocks and struts, eibach prokit springs, aem cai, and the paint matched single deck aluminum spoiler. Ill have to go look at it first though

Thanks
      A quick update though aside from the Aveo. I picked up a 98 Toyota 4runner SR5 V6 2wd. so far I have installed the Alpine CDA-9885 head unit, for front stage I have installed JL Audio C2-650 components up front powered by a JL Audio 300/4V1 (black edition) and to JL Audio 10W1V2 subs in a sealed box powered by a JL Audio 250/1V1 (black edition). I still have 2 more 10W1s and another black 250/1 in my garage at home. my 4runner had bad tires on stock 15" oem alloys but, at the Toyota dealership I work, I got a realyy good deal on a set of 16" steel wheels that were taken off of an 11 tacoma with only 8 miles, so a brand new set of rims and tires for $300

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast