•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: checked out new aveo

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: checked out new aveo

its just my preference. i like the styling of the ss balt and it can still get good mileage and so forth. plus the only rwd car id buy is a vette and well i cant afford one of those.

plus i really dont know if id modify it much. prolly just intake, exhaust, and a good tune. no plans for mega power as its plenty fast for me out of the box. they be beatin up the new subies already. dunno how the new turbo ss fares against the srt 4 but thats another discussion and time.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      its just my preference. i like the styling of the ss balt and it can still get good mileage and so forth. plus the only rwd car id buy is a vette and well i cant afford one of those.

plus i really dont know if id modify it much. prolly just intake, exhaust, and a good tune. no plans for mega power as its plenty fast for me out of the box. they be beatin up the new subies already. dunno how the new turbo ss fares against the srt 4 but thats another discussion and time.
      They beat up on the subies from a roll.

Everyone thinks they wont modify it but it only takes a little time. I didnt think I would modify my car. Now the only thing I have not changed out is the shortblock.

If you do decide to get it and want to see how it stacks up against an SRT-4, let me know

But I seriously think there will come to a point when you say "man, I wish I had something RWD/AWD" It happens to everyone. I am looking into an older Miata and throwing a fat turbo on it for my next project.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17

They beat up on the subies from a roll.

Everyone thinks they wont modify it but it only takes a little time. I didnt think I would modify my car. Now the only thing I have not changed out is the shortblock.

If you do decide to get it and want to see how it stacks up against an SRT-4, let me know

But I seriously think there will come to a point when you say "man, I wish I had something RWD/AWD" It happens to everyone. I am looking into an older Miata and throwing a fat turbo on it for my next project.

will do. i gotta get the car first and thats a big hurdle in itself right now.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

From what I am gathering, the Aveo will be replaced with the soon to be "mini car" series (probably the beat since it had the best reviews)

I was already aware of the Cobalt's short life span, being replaced with the Cruze, which will sport a 1.4L turbo (not sure if that will be a standard, probably optional) but the pictures of it look pretty slick. http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/cruze/2011/review.html
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

the Cruze is a pretty nice looking car, but i still love my Aveo and will miss it if they discontinue it.

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123