•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: aveo adventure vehicle

Thanks

Re: aveo adventure vehicle

Sounds like a fun idea. Weight seems to be your biggest enemy. I would look for the lightest materials possible. If you want a fun way to record your adventures you could mount something like The Micro Camera or other device to your roof rack or bumper.

A body to G Body to F Body to DSM to Subcompact?

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Probably not the best car for it, but with a little bit of lift perhaps. Make a solid brace between the front control arms and use it as the low point for your skid plate.

Not much room to lay out though, you may consider making the roof more solid and getting a tent top for it. Here is a bed I made for my wifes element for our Pacific Coast drive.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

You could probably have a decent custom steel plate made up for around $200-$300 at a machine shop... if you do the control arm brace, definitely get the plate, though. It looks like it would just be begging to closeline a rock or so.

Any plate worth the money will weigh quite a bit, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      Probably not the best car for it, but with a little bit of lift perhaps. Make a solid brace between the front control arms and use it as the low point for your skid plate.

Not much room to lay out though, you may consider making the roof more solid and getting a tent top for it. Here is a bed I made for my wifes element for our Pacific Coast drive.

man u have a point, roof tent it is then
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Thanks
      i installed the stock taillights, took off the evil eye lids and vinyl of the orange lights for better visibility of the vehicle in the woods, also took off the cone filter and reinstalled the stock air box for more TQ, better protection of the engine from dirt roads, and for less noise. new brake rotors, and ceramic brake pads for the long downhills.

also took off all the blue LED underglow and grill lights off

2 new snow tires are coming this month

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      More Information for CURT MFG 11306
      I installed something similar on my aveo5. I use this as my bike rack.
      XPORT Flatbed 2-Bike Hitch Rack - Bike Transport

Personally I think you are going to be in an adventure trying to use the limited space for you adventure. The one thing I think you left out is food/clothing space. I personally could not fit in the back, 5'11". So when you transition from nomad to sleep, where is your clothing/food going? (forgive me if I missed different sleeping arrangements)

I have really good luck with bike rack on the back, it keeps the bikes out of the main airflow and my millage has not suffered. That bike rack is easy to get on and off.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      More Information for CURT MFG 11306
      I installed something similar on my aveo5. I use this as my bike rack.
      XPORT Flatbed 2-Bike Hitch Rack - Bike Transport

that would be an awesome setup for the bikes, and i have to agree with ya on sleeping in the car

Personally I think you are going to be in an adventure trying to use the limited space for you adventure. The one thing I think you left out is food/clothing space. I personally could not fit in the back, 5'11". So when you transition from nomad to sleep, where is your clothing/food going? (forgive me if I missed different sleeping arrangements)

I have really good luck with bike rack on the back, it keeps the bikes out of the main airflow and my millage has not suffered. That bike rack is easy to get on and off.
      i have to agree on the sleeping thing, and that would be an awesome set up for the bikes

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Good luck with this. I'd consider some bigger tires to lift the car up a bit more. I know It wouldn't be much, but if your expecting some rough roads, every little bit might help. Unless your really feeling like a project car, then you could try to make the first 4wd aveo.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      just had goodyear ultra grips 195/60r14 installed on the front, should give me good traction on the dirt/gravel/snow

took an dirt trail in to the woods to a burned down mansion on a side of a cliff face at 11 pm on a halloween night and my fiancee and her friend, with no other light source but headlights and fogs, i came to a conclusion that i want to mount lights to the roof rack to face the sides and the back to use when needed.

the trip was very fun, i don't know if any of you guys believe in haunted places or ghosts, (honestly i don't but i do like driving crazy roads at night) but my fiancee did catch some stuff on camera that we could not explain LOL

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1 View Post
      just had goodyear ultra grips 195/60r14 installed on the front, should give me good traction on the dirt/gravel/snow

took an dirt trail in to the woods to a burned down mansion on a side of a cliff face at 11 pm on a halloween night and my fiancee and her friend, with no other light source but headlights and fogs, i came to a conclusion that i want to mount lights to the roof rack to face the sides and the back to use when needed.

the trip was very fun, i don't know if any of you guys believe in haunted places or ghosts, (honestly i don't but i do like driving crazy roads at night) but my fiancee did catch some stuff on camera that we could not explain LOL
      post it up the pics..

and seems like you got a nice plan here.. search ebay for a bike rack at a cheaper price may benefit you more if your also worried about finances.. good luck with the trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12