•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AC

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      it you look at the AC line that runs along the passenger side of the engine, right about the back side of the head there is a wiring plug attached to the AC line. The is the pressure switch. You disconnect it, turn the AC on with the car running, and the jump the switch on and off a few times to see the it cycles. Once you know that it cycles on and off with the switch, jump it into the running position and see if the AC runs constantly. Check to see if it will blow any colder than typical. (this is really where you should have gauges to check the pressures). But if it runs steady and does not cycle on and off. You could buy a can of r12 and top off the low side until it blow cool enough.. (again best to have some gauges to set it properly.)

I installed my own ac, and refilled it to what the book said. I found it was not really cool. So I topped it of myself as well.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I was thinking about doing it myself I was just concerned about the oil and contamination. I didn't want to risk the chance of contaminants getting into the system and screwing stuff up more.

So you put in a new compressor or the whole system? After you installed you bought a recharge kit and got it working properly?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i put in the whole system using parts i sourced from junk yards. ( i had to go to a Chevy dealer to turn on the ECU).

After i installed everything, I hooked it up to an AC machine, pulled vacuum on the machine and then charged the system. The amount the book called for sounded low at the time, but thats what i went with. It blew cold in the shop, so i let it go.

On my way to work, a few hours later it was warm, so i topped it off with one of those cans and a hose deals. And it works fine most of the time, except for when its heat index 100+ in stop go traffic and you really need it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123