•  

Thread: When it rains..it pours..and sometimes it floods =(

Thanks

When it rains..it pours..and sometimes it floods =(

The rainy days are once again upon us filipinos... i was installing my recaro seat the other day when i noticed that the carpeting on the driver side was damp..so what i did was i removed the seats to lift the carpeting and whoala..water was on the flooring (both on the driver side and at the back)...what i did was to hose the car to see where is it coming from..the culprit?? water flows from the door sill straight to the carpet..what puzzles me is that all of the door rubber is still intact... anybody here with a similar experience? what will i do? is there a quick fix to this? im planning to line the damn door sill plastics with silicone, but maybe you guys have something better off your sleeves..any input (s) will be highly appreciated..thanks so much

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Search the forum for windnoise, chances are, your weatherstripping, although intact, may not be sealing between the door and the body. if you search the forum for windnoise, their are several posts in regaurd to sliding a certain type of rubber tubing inside of the weather stripping to give a better seal between the door and car.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Thats strange....Ive flooded my car once, but that was in about 2-3 ft of water....there should not be any water coming into the car like that, especially if its just water from the hose. Try new weather stripping. You may also want to check under the carpet to see if the round rubber plugs on the floor have gone missing because if they are, water can come in through those holes.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      where was the hose and what part of the weather stripping?

the aveo doesnt have high quality multiple layer separate seals like higher line cars. if you held the hose against the door seam the pressure was probably enough to let it in, the aveo seems to have the older style "trickle down" type of seals. Where in a wind tunnel or standing in rain the water will not come in in most circumstances, but the lower seals still seal, they design is more like shingles on a roof, they only "work" in one direction, if you spray water up the shingles, it will go under them and into the house.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Maybe some rain and high winds could push the water under the seals? I would fix the door seal, but keep an eye out for other leaks. Good Luck.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i never have any issues, except when my windows are down