•  

Thread: Scoots is starting to FALL APART!

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks

Angry Scoots is starting to FALL APART!

well, things just keep getting worse; while I was coasting to a stop at a stoplight, my speedometer suddenly drops to zero even though I was still moving. attempted to pull codes while the speedo was dead, and got absolutely bupkis. a little later I managed to pull a P0700 and a U0001, as well as the dreaded P0420. although I have noticed some corrosion recently on my negative battery terminal, and I noticed this afternoon after work that it was cranking a touch slower. i'm starting to think that maybe my battery is on its way out which could likely cause the electrical system to freak out. (there have even been times where my HVAC and Radio conk out, but they came right back after a key cycle.) any opinions would be appreciated, as I'm starting to tear my hair out and lashing out at people because of this.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Clean the terminal and lead first, but assuming it's the factory battery you are probably due for a new one

If you have one, put a load tester on the battery and see what it says. If you don't have one most parts stores will test for free (in the hopes you buy a battery from them)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by EAD15 View Post
      Clean the terminal and lead first, but assuming it's the factory battery you are probably due for a new one

If you have one, put a load tester on the battery and see what it says. If you don't have one most parts stores will test for free (in the hopes you buy a battery from them)
      Actually the battery is not original; it was likely replaced during its time in the Enterprise fleet (likely ruined from having the trunk constantly open) I also noticed very prominent bulging on the sides; something tells me this battery is likely done for.

EDIT: well, took the battery to my local Oreilly's after work, and as soon as the test started, it IMMEDIATELY FAILED! $160 later, and she cranks REALLY FAST now! although the U0001 is still there. hopefully the old battery didn't fry anything important.

Sent to the Interwebs by an Apple
      Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 08-18-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks

Scoots is starting to FALL APART!

Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      Actually the battery is not original; it was likely replaced during its time in the Enterprise fleet (likely ruined from having the trunk constantly open) I also noticed very prominent bulging on the sides; something tells me this battery is likely done for.

EDIT: well, took the battery to my local Oreilly's after work, and as soon as the test started, it IMMEDIATELY FAILED! $160 later, and she cranks REALLY FAST now! although the U0001 is still there. hopefully the old battery didn't fry anything important.

Well, got some good news and some bad news; the good news is that the U0001 is gone, the bad news is the P0420 hasn't gone away, which probably means my catalytic converter really IS borked. Although thinking back, I think it wasn't the intake the ruined it, it's more likely that the bad downstream O2 sensor that manifested itself in July of 2013 (after sitting for the entirety of June 2013 without being started due to me being in California for a family emergency) and that didn't get replaced until July of 2014. (Because even aftermarket, the O2 sensors at the parts houses are pretty much equal to what you would pay at the GM parts counter, and I was a broke tech school student that didn't have a job at the time.) At this point, buying a brand new cat is WAAAAAY out of my budget ( even the aftermarket cats are unaffordable, with auto zone wanting $1,100 for the dorman converter) I'll see if that 2009 is still at the LKQ yard, and if it is, relieve it of its converter.

Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 08-20-2016 at 05:01 PM.