•  

Thread: Resetting the timing

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Resetting the timing

Hey Guys.
      Does anyone have any information that could help me reset the timing on a 2007 Aveo? Somehow the cams moved and I am not sure what needs to be lined up with where. Any information (pics., Diagrams, etc) would be very helpful.

Thanks for being here!

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Resetting the timing

How many miles on your car and have you done the timing belt yet?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

To reset the timing you need to take the belt off and set everything to TDC and then put the belt back on. I dont know how to do it on the aveos, but I believe there are some diagrams on daewootech.com. There may be one here but its been so long since I have been on here that I dont know for sure.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

GShatta - did you get your timing issues sorted out? I have a few How To's that I found on the net that I can provide.

Once piece of advice I used (thank god) was that while the timing belt was still on. I marked the position of the timing belt relative to the cam gears and crank gear while the timing marks were lined up. To do this, I top some of my kids play paint and brushed on a white mark on the top tooth of reach cam gear marking both the tooth and gear. I did the same for the crank gear. Now, when the cam gears slip (and they will), you use your timing belt as a second reference by lining up the painted marks. Make sure that the timing reference marks are lined up as well as your first reference.

When its time to put on the new belt - transfer the marks from the old belt to the new one. Abit tricky to do and a couple of clamps or extra set of hands helps. I got even more picky and counted the belt "teeth" between the marks, just to make sure.

Good luck