•  

Thread: Is it recommended to have your car check by dealer/"CASA"? and what are the advantage

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Is it recommended to have your car check by dealer/"CASA"? and what are the advantage

What's the advantage of having your car check by a Chevrolet dealer compared to a regular mechanic?

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ava02082013 View Post
      What's the advantage of having your car check by a Chevrolet dealer compared to a regular mechanic?
      the Chevrolet Dealership has all of the special diagnostic equipment, the special tools, and the special training from General Motors to diagnose and service your Aveo; a regular mechanic is fine for most things, but when you have a problem that your regular mechanic can't solve with the tools and diagnostic equipment he has, but probably the largest advantage is if your aveo is still under warranty; Chevrolet eats the cost of Diagnosing and repairing your car with warranty repair work.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Ok Thanks, nope my Aveo is 2009 sedan LT no longer covered by warranty since Chevrolet only has 3 year warranty during this year but he their new cars now have 5 yrs.
      Yes that what i did i'm just thinking if I made the right decision to brought it to a Chevy dealer cz the regular mechanics can cost me less and could have repair the leaks and use replacement parts compare to original parts.

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ava02082013 View Post
      Ok Thanks, nope my Aveo is 2009 sedan LT no longer covered by warranty since Chevrolet only has 3 year warranty during this year but he their new cars now have 5 yrs.
      Yes that what i did i'm just thinking if I made the right decision to brought it to a Chevy dealer cz the regular mechanics can cost me less and could have repair the leaks and use replacement parts compare to original parts.
      It depends on how competent your local mechanic is. The Aveo is not an exotic car and most things that go wrong with any car are common to automotive repair in general. Dealerships usually charge more than local independent shops. They spend heavily on advertising, and their overhead is higher.

Again, the honesty and competence of any repair facility can vary greatly, depending on how it is run and how it treats its customers.