•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No beep sound when locking car

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Bumping this thread up.

Experiencing the same thing with my Aveo hatchback MT 2009.
      But mine doesn't seem to have a hood switch.
      Any other suggestions? I'm worried that this might be something like a faulty electrical wirimg which I cant trace.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
      I took our 2009 aveo 5 lt to chevy, they said a control box for the factory alarm went bad and would cost $400 to fix it. Not going to pay that for a car thats not that old. They said they could not reprogram it. So the lights flash when I unlock it but no flashing lights when I lock the car and no horn honk. But its funny when I hit the panic button on the fob it honks and flashes the lights. I took my 2009 aveo 5 lt in for the ignition coil boot and spark plug recall at no charge asked how much to replace the two serpentine belts. I was quoted $175.00 so I bought both belts for a total of $31 and replaced them myself. Car dealers wnder why no one has them service their cars they are robbing innocent people of their hard earned money. I will never buy another chevy. I am a ford guy always have been and I own a 1996 ford taurus lx and it has 148,000 miles gets better gas milage and is more comfortable to ride in as well. And cost me $10,000 less than this pos fix or repair daily aveo 5 did.

Quote Originally Posted by trebmacayan View Post
      Bumping this thread up.

Experiencing the same thing with my Aveo hatchback MT 2009.
      But mine doesn't seem to have a hood switch.
      Any other suggestions? I'm worried that this might be something like a faulty electrical wirimg which I cant trace.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
      And not to mention these aveo cars need allignments too often and timing belts at 50k is rediculous too. Oh yeah and they suggest replacing the spark plugs every two years or 24k miles. Thats a joke I have put 80k on all my fords before replacing the plugs these cars are what you call a money maker for the chevy dealers that sell them. I fix everything on ours except recalls and its sad I have done more work on our 2009 aveo than I ever have on any ford I have ever owned. Also just had to replace an o2 sensor and get the flexible pipe on the exhaust replaced too it was leaking thats bs on a car with only 100k and is only 5 years old. I will never buy another chevy again. Every mechanic I know has told me the prefer chevys cause they always break down and they make a living fixing them they see more chevys for repair than any other car out there thats sad. I just had to give my 2 cents sorry for the long rant lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12