•  

Thread: Need some help...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Unhappy Need some help...

Here is whats going on...

Few weeks ago I was driving and just about completely lost power at 65 MPH... well I discovered a vacuum hose leak at the MAP sensor, so i replaced the little hose there and fixed the power loss... but Along with that problem was this and this is still happening..

When I get into my car to start it rather it be a cold start or a completely warm start.. it will rev to about 3000RPM... sometimes when its warm it will go to 2400-2700 RPM's... So whats going on?!?!?! After it warms up and i drive it idles fine at stop signs, lights, etc and it runs great! I cannot find any other leaks or anything... I'm lost.. Want to take it to a shop and put it on a diagnostic test since there is no CEL... Its been on 2 different code readers and nothing...

I have changed spark plugs (maybe 5,000 miles ago)
      Intake filter has been changed with aftermarket.
      Wires have not been changed.
      Throttle body has been cleaned with TB cleaner
      Air sensor has also been cleaned lightly...
      Battery is new..

Please help

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      A cheap possibility is the temp sensor. It might always be in high idle..

the other thing you could try, if the MAP sensor was the repair/fix that resolved the issue. You might need a new map sensor, now that it is hooked up properly. The parameters of each sensor might be within tolerable allowances to have this surge and not set a code. You could also check the rest of the vacuum lines and intake for cracks.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      A cheap possibility is the temp sensor. It might always be in high idle..

the other thing you could try, if the MAP sensor was the repair/fix that resolved the issue. You might need a new map sensor, now that it is hooked up properly. The parameters of each sensor might be within tolerable allowances to have this surge and not set a code. You could also check the rest of the vacuum lines and intake for cracks.
      Thanks for the quick reply.. And this might sound bad but which temp sensor? is there only one? Not real good with sensors haha and okay, that makes sense.. Ill look at those and i will check all other lines and maybe have a smoke test done?