•  
    Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: list of Aveo recalls by model year

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      That's great to hear CJS! Again, we are only a private message away if you ever have any questions or concerns with your vehicle.

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care

Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      new to aveo ownership . I have a 2009 aveo lt. Where can I get acomplete list of all recalls on 2009 aveo's?
      Thanks

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Hi Kristen,
      I recently purchased a 2009 Aveo LT and was hoping some one could tell me how to get a list of recalls omy Aveo and where I can go to see if they were done

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      I will be happy to look into any open recalls associated with your Aveo, tucdon. Please send me a private message with your VIN for further assistance.

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      2008 Aveo 5 door,

Rear hatch, rod between lock cylinder and release latch. The old rod was prone to bending and not being able to un-latch the back hatch.

Daytime running lights relay under steering column. The old relay over heated and caused some fires.

Not a recall but it should be, both front door lock cylinders came lose and fell inside the door.

I have access to 2 2008's. Both had fan shrouds that bowed in the center (top to bottom on the passenger side USA) until the plastic in the middle touched the radiator. On the 2008 with the higher mileage (40,000 miles) the fan shroud rubbed a hole in the aluminum radiator.

I bought some low temperature brazing rod from Harbor Freight and made a temporary repair, then ordered a new radiator on eBay for a little over $50. The most difficult part of installing the new radiator was figuring out how to disconnect the wire connector for the fan.

When the fan shroud was off, I heated it in the middle (top to bottom) with a heat gun and when the plastic got warm enough, I put a 1" block of wood on the floor, under the fan shroud where it bowed toward the radiator and I pressed down on the top and bottom of the fan shroud. I added to the 1" wood block of wood, added more heat until the edge of the fan shroud was back where it wouldn't rub (slightly reverse bowed from before) on the new radiator. Plastic is really pliable when heated. PVC pipe is like wet spaghetti when heated to the right temperature, that (Youtube) is where I got the idea to fix the fan shroud instead of buying a new one or using spacers.

On the 2008 with 8,000 miles, the fan shroud was about to touch the radiator but the owner decided to use a couple of washers to add space between the fan shroud and the radiator.

Last edited by OG-Lou; 06-02-2018 at 02:27 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345