•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine revving on it's own...

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      you guys also have the sticky throttle body issue.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      [QUOTE=petrified.rabbit;150403]you guys also have the sticky throttle body issue.[/QUOTE

On the repairs list, I forgot to mention a new cat and new a/f ratio sensor (heated O2). I can monitor the O2, but at this point, I wouldnt be able to get a comparison reading unless you (rabbit) have reading or someone else on here, anytime im at idle its anywhere from 2000 to 2700 unless i hold the break and ride the clutch with it in gear to load the engine. With the engine under load, their is no idle issue. If im cruising at 60 and coast to a stop, as soon as it goes into neutral, or the clutch is fully pressed, idle jumps instantly. Here in a little while when I go to lunch, Ill hook my scantool up and see what I can get from the O2.

Their is no surge. When I start the car in neutral it jumps to 2500 and stays there until engine has a load. And it is not sparatic. first thing in the morning while engine is cold its high idle, an hour drive when engine is at operating temp, its still a high idle. Any time im at idle, its high.
      Last edited by paulsaveo; 05-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I know this is an old thread, but, would like to share what I had on my 09 (E-Tech II engine, cable throttle). When brand new I had this issue, engine revving up to 2,000 and 2,500 and staying there while idle. Took to the dealer and they replaced the TPS sensor, it seemed to be fixed, but in a couple of days the issue was back, they now replaced the TPS connector, issue solved, until yesterday (4 and a half years after) the issue resurfaced, but with a slight difference, sometimes it feels that the engine is providing reduced power (less than usual ) so, taking it to the mechanic tonight or tomorrow morning, will share the outcome.

Carlos
      Last edited by vcarlos40; 02-16-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks
      Just heard back from the mechanic, he checked the wiring and the connector, they were fine, he replaced the connector anyway, the issue was the actual TPS sensor this time.

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Hi Carlos,

I’m sorry to hear that you were experiencing some concerns with your engine in your Aveo. I understand that you took your vehicle to the dealership for this concern and the problem returned. I also understand that you have taken your vehicle to a mechanic and now your concern is resolved. If you are to have any other concerns regarding your engine, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we will take an extra look into it. Also, if you have any questions or need any assistance with your vehicle, please feel free to let us know. Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Kristen A.
      Chevrolet Customer Care
      Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Thanks
      Thank You Kristem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123