•  

Thread: 2011 Aveo : Fuse pops when headlights turn on : Also right hand side lights are out

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Question 2011 Aveo : Fuse pops when headlights turn on : Also right hand side lights are out

Hi,

I'm at my wits end. 2011 Aveo sedan, I've checked all the usual suspects I know of and now I'm checking the wires and looking at wiring looms.

Backstory : Son was driving the car and the coolant hose decided to take a holiday, break it's clip and spray coolant inside the engine bay. When this happened he pulled over immediately but the interior dash lights went out (gauges work fine), and the marker lights on the right side of the car are out. When I put a fuse into the under-hood fuse panel (PKLP RH Tail Lamp (RH), Side Marker (RH), Turn Signal & Parking Lamp (RH), License Lamp, I/P Fuse Block ) pops when I turn on the headlights.

I've removed the headlights since they're aftermarket in case of a short, nothing. Interior lights and clock as well and nothing. I've pulled the dimmer switch out and disconnected it and nothing. I pulled the harness and disconnected it in the trunk for the rear lights as well.

Even with all of these disconnected the fuse still pops so there has to be something shorted somewhere but without a wiring schematic I am having no luck.

It's really cold here and that makes searching for the problem even worse. Anyone know where I should look? It doesn't have that little fuse thing that wrecks like older Aveo models.

Also I found this pretty cool interactive picture which is nice to use: https://www.startmycar.com/chevrolet...o/fusebox/2010

Edit : I found the problem. There was a loose wire from an aftermarket stereo install. Hooray!

Last edited by Nightpath; 03-23-2024 at 05:36 PM.