•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 aveo 5 jurks and boggsdown while pulling away from a stop

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2011 aveo 5 jurks and boggsdown while pulling away from a stop

hi I have a 2011 aveo 5 with auto trans car jurks &boggsdown when pulling out from a stop I just changed plugs & wires & air filter no Improvement I get 26 mpg on my daily route of 175miles driveing between 45mph to 75mph on turnpike & county roads bought car with 31000 miles 4 months ago now have 50065 miles any thoughts on how to fix these problems ? thanks

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      i'm not sure about the ECOTECH but on the E-techII the coil pack was often to blame

Thanks
      Is the check engine light on? If so you can get the code read at a local parts store.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      the ecotec has a recall on the coil pack. This might solve it. These symptoms are close to the o2 as well, which a few of us needed replaced. Both of those should be under the drivetrain warranty/ recall.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
      Is the check engine light on? If so you can get the code read at a local parts store.
      thanks no my check enging light is not on but I will check with my chevy dealer about this coil pack recall, that the next post after yours talks about and let you folks know what they say, you would think chevy would send me a recall notice about the recalls for this car but they have not( thankgoodness for aveoforum ,com)

What do you mean there's no turbo? Chevy Customer Svc's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
      thanks no my check enging light is not on but I will check with my chevy dealer about this coil pack recall, that the next post after yours talks about and let you folks know what they say, you would think chevy would send me a recall notice about the recalls for this car but they have not( thankgoodness for aveoforum ,com)
      Hi John,

Thank you for your post and I apologize for the issues you're experiencing with your vehicle. If you haven't already taken your vehicle to the dealer, I would be glad to research further. If so, please private message me the last 8-digits of your VIN# and I take a look and see if there are any recalls or special coverages on your vehicle.

Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Thanks

took 2011 aveo 5 jurks-boggsdown pulling away from a stop to dealer

took my aveo to dealer they looked over everything and drove the car , they said that this is how aveos are and drive with the ac on. Pulling out the car wii act like this, not any different then any other aveo. So I traded it on the spot for a 2011 chevrolet HHR Lt 1 2.2 four cylinder auto. Have driven this three days on my route. Very smooth no jurking or bogging down when pulling out and gets same gas mpg 25-26 that the aveo was getting will miss the little aveo 5 but couldent live with the way it bogged down & jurked pulling out from a stop thanks for your posts and help trying to get this resolved JOHN

Thanks
      took my aveo to dealer they looked over everything and drove the car , they said that this is how aveos are and drive with the ac on. Pulling out the car wii act like this, not any different then any other aveo. So I traded it on the spot for a 2011 chevrolet HHR Lt 1 2.2 four cylinder auto. Have driven this three days on my route. Very smooth no jurking or bogging down when pulling out and gets same gas mpg 25-26 that the aveo was getting will miss the little aveo 5 but couldent live with the way it bogged down & jurked pulling out from a stop thanks for your posts and help trying to get this resolved JOHN

Hi John,

Glad you were still able to find a vehicle that you're happy with and at the same time has great MPG. Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,
      Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Thanks
      I have a 2010 Aveo-5, and my wife has a 2011 Aveo sedan. We both started having this same problem last week. Both have had the spark plug recall done, both have had the evap canister replaced. The problem persists. It is terrible; my wife almost got hit today because it completely stalled out in the middle of an intersection and wouldn't accelorate. Then, all of a sudden her car took off nearly three seconds later and with the peddle to the floor. The dealer said, "That is just how Aveo's are; don't use the air conditioning." The problem is, the hesitation continues to persist with the air off. We called a number of Chevy dealers in the southwest, and one said the coil could be bad. Does this sound right?

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ewhirshfeld View Post
      I have a 2010 Aveo-5, and my wife has a 2011 Aveo sedan. We both started having this same problem last week. Both have had the spark plug recall done, both have had the evap canister replaced. The problem persists. It is terrible; my wife almost got hit today because it completely stalled out in the middle of an intersection and wouldn't accelorate. Then, all of a sudden her car took off nearly three seconds later and with the peddle to the floor. The dealer said, "That is just how Aveo's are; don't use the air conditioning." The problem is, the hesitation continues to persist with the air off. We called a number of Chevy dealers in the southwest, and one said the coil could be bad. Does this sound right?
      Hello Ewhirshfeld,
      It sounds as though you and your wife are really having a tough time with your vehicles. I apologize for that. Because I am not a Certified Mechanic/Tech, I'm unable to diagnose what you both are experiencing with your vehicles. If you would like for me to research further, please private message both VIN#'s and I can check to see if there are any special cover ages or recalls on your vehicles that may be related to the problem you're having.

Hope you still can have a good weekend!

Best,
      Vanessa
      GM Customer Service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast