Got home from work tonight and our car started spewing steam when we pulled into the driveway and turned it off. Temperature was on high. Once it cooled off we checked the coolant and it is pretty much empty. There are two auto parts stores within 2 miles so praying we can make it there to get more coolant tomorrow. I suspect a radiator hose leak because I did see some fluid under the car. I don't want to harm the engine driving it. Is there any safe way to get it to the auto parts store? Can we put water in there just for the two mile drive?

I know my auto parts stores have the right hoses in stock from looking online.. I am just a little worried about how hard it will be to put in. I haven't replaced the radiator hoses before. It doesn't look difficult to do but I can't find any aveo specific steps for it anywhere and don't want to mess up. Do we replace the clamps too or just the hoses? We did change the battery on it a few months ago which was fairly easy. Car just hit 100k this week.