•  

Thread: media coverage

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

media coverage

Recently posted my opinion on a NYC paper ( hint "the 5th Estate") on the automotive section praising my Aveo '09 LT2.(my comments were posted on the papers website). Also pointed out the lack of coverage in the "media" about our good little cars. The Aveo line of Chevrolet vehicles always gets left out and/or portrayed as a sub-par car in it's class . We as owners know the truth on the new Aveo's. But the media 99.999% of the time do not acknowledge it even exists. Anyone out there pick up on this intentional lapse of Aveo coverage? I'd be glad to read your responses.

AVEODAN

Thanks

Re: media coverage

Is your letter still online? I'd like to read if you've got a link.

I have no trouble finding reviews/references to the car. But I tend to read more Canadian coverage, and we buy a lot more subcompacts per capita than in the US., which is why it may be easier to find more reviews here.
      ---
      Aveo Underdrive Pulleys -- $20 Off Sale This Week. Get more info here.
      ---

Thanks

...than the Honda Fit or Nissan's Versa. A better value and a better automobile. Why, the Newer Aveo's have an Audi grille. And loaded with spoiler, metallic wheels, fog lights, sunroof, 15 inch tires, rain guards, white color, just about every option for $20,000 US is a good buy. Get,em while their hot! And I support the local Chevy dealer. The 2009's sold quick. Get your hand's on a 2010 before they all disappear.
      AVEODAN

Thanks

1 AGREE FANGFIVE-i've put 10,000 trouble free miles on my 07 aveo5.i bought it for $5,000 in 09 with a little hail damage and love it.it gets good gas mileage(not great),but i didn't give that mutch for it to begin with. i wanted a toyota yaris ,but i would have had to give 2 or 3 times the money.koreans make good small cars,i'll take my chances.

Thanks

Our longtime allies, the South Korean's, do make fabulous small cars. Kia, Hyundai, GM Spec. Daewoo's, all highly rated. Except in this country. You see, the media is bought and sold and rate to the highest bidder. Not all, but most do. Honda, Toyota, Toyota?!?, Nissan get wonderful reviews. But our sorry US Aveo's are rated +/- 5 out of 10. Why? Money. You know, I know, by driving, and having worry free miles, that the AVEO, for what we pay for it, is a steal! That is why GM, which sells them worldwide, can't seem to have enough stock on hand in the US market. My dealer, in Feburary '09 had to go to another state to get the loaded Aveo 5 LT2 I wanted. Otherwise I would have had to wait to have it built, in the 2010 model year!! If you want to pay 2X as much and get a Honda FIT or Nissan Versa, well, it's only money!?!
      Almost 11,000 miles on my '09 Aveo 5, without any complaints. My Chevrolet dealer keeps it maintained as per the owners manual.(Besides GM has all the latest codes/computer diag's ) $20,000 US for a "fully loaded", "soup to nuts" AVEO 5 LT2. And I got a Federal refund for an automobile purchase in the 2009 tax year. And for less than $1,500US I got additional 3 year warranty with 0 (Zero) deductible. Everything deluxe, top shelf. And appearance wise, the AVEO tops the FIT & Versa by miles. (The big Audi style grill helps!) Enjoy!