•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Pimps the Aveo5 for the Middle East

Banned
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Chevrolet Pimps the Aveo5 for the Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      Vw, Nissan, Audi, porsche, ford, and chevy all have some kind of factory or dealer backed tuning already.
      yes and not much choice.

- 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.
      - looking for a first gen Aveo for a daily driver :D

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Compared to what scion offers? I think the offer plenty more.

Differences are that compared to scion. If you want fast you can by an ss versus a regular cobalt to start. Then you get stage tunes etc to go further. My dealer has walls of optional factory accessories.

Audi is awesome for a few grand you can order any Audi in any color ever offered. Since the mid 40s.

Ford sells steeda saleen cobra etc versions of cars.

Banned
      Thanks

And what's available from the manufacturer for the American Aveo? Zilch!
      - 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 - LQ1 3.4L DOHC 24 valve semi-hemi V6, 210 HP, 215 ft-lbs of torque, 4T60e 4 speed automatic with O/D.... 123,000+ miles. Slowly resto-modding it.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

so you dont care that the great makers of the W body produced the monte carlo as an upgraded lumina, because they dont put big flame decals on the sides of the aveo in order to compete with scion??

you should look into dealers in other areas, i used to two tone fade cars as an "option" we also did racing stripes, decal work, etc.

The dealer i bought my aveo from only had wheels and spoilers, vent visors, and some other things for the aveo, in 2008 when the reface was like 2 weeks old. They might have more now, but GM will not consider it anything but an economy people mover, well maybe it will be seen better by corporate when its american made.

Banned
      Thanks

Monte Carlo = Upgraded Lumina?
      WTF are you smoking?

This is how they were officially classified. Despite being sister cars, they were marketed completely differently
      Lumina: Mid-size Family Sedan
      Monte Carlo: Mid-size Luxury Sports Coupe (I have the 1995 Chevy passenger cars brochure which I believe labels the BMW 3 series as one of the Monte's competitors. Though it was a much closer competitor to Ford's RWD Thunderbird.)

I think it's a good option. the flame decals are a no though. I mean for people who want something different but don't know much about cars themselves. That's why Scion took off like they did because no one takes the time any more to do any research themselves and believes just what the media tells them. Which is why most people still think American cars are inferior. Yes other makes like GM, and Audi have offered similar options for years on specific cars (mostly cobalts/Ions/G5's/Pursuits and V8 cars from GM) but they don't advertise individuality as Scion does on every model. I think it'd be nice to go to a Chevy dealer, point to an Aveo sedan or hatch and say I want this this and this done under the hood with this body kit/lip kit while not voiding the warranty.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

In what universe does a fwd car compete with a rwd car? And in what universe does a the luminas pretty sister compete with a BMW? A BMW! Just because gm said it does not mean it's even on the same playing field. Like that new Hyundai that says it's better than a jaguar for 1/3 of the money. It's bs to sell cars to stupid people.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

In what universe does a fwd car compete with a rwd car? And in what universe does a the luminas pretty sister compete with a BMW? A BMW! Just because gm said it does not mean it's even on the same playing field. Like that new Hyundai that says it's better than a jaguar for 1/3 of the money. It's bs to sell cars to stupid people.

Wow well said =D>

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

well in our town they do get some custom work done 2 some cheap cars 2 sell. first its wheels, then interior stuff. seen a cheap cobalt in my town and they gave it a body kit and bumble bee strips. but thats about it.
      Silver Bullet~
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3360111/1

Silverado Ext cab 02
      Accord Ex 94
      Aveo Ls 06

What do you mean there's no turbo? trempus's Avatar
      Thanks

i also heard that a chrysler 300C is the same as a bentley minus the gold

2004 chevy aveo---
      2006 chevy uplander

Banned
      Thanks

that's the thought of an enthusiast, but not how it works in the world of sales. Cars are classified and then are compared to other cars in the came class. The 3 Series just happens to be a mid-size luxury sport coupe, same as a Monte Carlo. I actually have a photo from an article Car and Driver did comparing the RWD Ford Thunderbird to the FWD 3.4L Monte Carlo in 1997. No mention of FWD being a handicap. They said the only thing holding the Monte back was the lack of a V8 engine despite the fact that the Monte's V6 put out similar numbers at the time to Ford's 4.6L V8 in the Tbird.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast