•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grade of Gas helped

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      that "increase" you got is probably imaginary because if your getting your mileage from a single tank you are getting very inaccurate numbers, you want to do a minimum 3 month average so that you kill inconsistencies like highway vs city, traffic, and how much of your foot you put into it. until you get that average for both ratings the numbers mean absolutely nothing, I haven't been tracking the fuel in my aveo properly but in the 2004 peterbilt 379 i drive at work i have been tracking for about a year now, and i notice some where between 4.5mpg and 6 mpg on the truck between fuel ups, that's where the average come in, my average right now is 5.8mpg, and im gonna put air tabs on and track the milage for the next 3-6 months, that how you come to a result. sorry for the rant, just hate it when you come across inconsistent data

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

More milage

Well I'm new here. Anyway if I use 87 here in Florida I get 16 mpg with an 2010 Ford Explorer 4.0. When I switch to 89 or 91 I'll get 20 mpg around town? Highway is at 23 to 26 depending on road conditions and speed.

I'm borrowing a 2006 Aveo, it was getting 30 on the highway, after my fill up with 89 octane its close to 36??

Don't know what it is, my son did the same with a 1999 Jeep GC 4.0. Used the higher octane and got 4 more miles per gallon?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveo5_boy View Post
      Once again...."No ethanol = more mileage" not a significant difference but more mileage! It may be useless to argue with you since you have ethanol on all your grades which in our province we don't and probably why you keep harping on the higher octane when it's really the no ethanol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12