•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project M33 EVL !!

What do you mean there's no turbo? M33EVL's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Project M33 EVL !!

WWHHAAAT TTHHEEE!!!!
      just read up on the corsa 1.6 turbo vxr engine...
      0-60mph 6.8 seconds...
      and the engines are all post 2007+
      there only about a 1,500 MAXXX found one for about 650+ 55 for dlvry..
      might as well get that!! probably be cheaper than even turboing my car!! and this way il already have the car set up as turbo.. damn!!

SORRY GUYS I KNOW.. lol i really need to make my mind up..
      but i honestly thought the corsa 1.6 engine was... kinda.. CRAP to be honest.. until i read that.. mmm.. guess you learn something new every day ay!..

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE NEW CORSA VXR'S ARE DIRECT BOLT UP TO THE KALOS 2004???

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Here it's a lot easier. We only have to go through a thorough inspection like that with state patrol inspection stations only if the car has been totaled and has been repaired to be back on the road. To get our tabs every two years we have to pass an emission test... and with OBDII system they only plug into your OBDII port and if nothing pops up - you're good.
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

LOLL
      MAN YOU GUYS HAVE ITTT EASY! well compared i think.. duno mayb u guys have it harder in other aspects..
      siigghhh!!

do you know if the 2007+ corsa vxr engine would slip in to my 2004 kalos by anychance??

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

That's in my state though (Washington state), they say it's way worse in New York and a few other states...
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M33EVL
      LOLL
      MAN YOU GUYS HAVE ITTT EASY! well compared i think.. duno mayb u guys have it harder in other aspects..
      siigghhh!!

do you know if the 2007+ corsa vxr engine would slip in to my 2004 kalos by anychance??
      you will need new mounts and tranny im guessing, plus all of the little parts, including the engine and tranny/labor, i would guess at $4000 or so on the low end, who knows what bad things will pop out and get your wallet though

i love florida, no inspections, no test, though we cant really have smog here either so i pray they are not enacted ever again, ill move lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo
      Quote Originally Posted by M33EVL
      LOLL
      siigghhh!!

you will need new mounts and tranny im guessing, plus all of the little parts, including the engine and tranny/labor, i would guess at $4000 or so on the low end, who knows what bad things will pop out and get your wallet though

i love florida, no inspections, no test, though we cant really have smog here either so i pray they are not enacted ever again, ill move lol

some of the corsa engines bolt straight up in to the kalos... do you know if any of the vxr swaps bolt straight up.. but i want something from about 2007 onwards... i dont want no crazy mileage and also want it to be fairly cheap to..
      last time was looking at the astra and vectras but realised that they were around 1,500 GBP but had about 80,000+ miles on the clock...
      found a few 1.6 corsa engines with less than 20,000 each.
      1 for under 1,000
      other was 1,650. so still a bargain in comparison...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

it might bolt up, but you still need to swap trannys out, and that could even run $4000 in the long run lol

its going to be costly to build what you have started, idk why everyone hates the stock motor though, why buy another engine but instead build what you have, you still cant use the aveo tranny no matter what so you are bettter off trying to sell it now

the numbers on the engine cant be too extreme also, you are still using most of the stock parts on the car, blowing apart things will be too easy with such high numbers, i think if you built the stock engine you could push 250whp with a little work and about $3000 or so if you do it all yourself

Thanks

the thing is im not looking to do anything to the corsa engine once its fitted...

well the way i looked at it was corsa engine giving me about 189-204 bhp depending on which engine i go for and that will be my starting point! sooo if in future i do wana add anything itl go higher..

rather than starting with 97bhp... lol

the engine along side the tranny will set me back about £2000GBP (roughly $3200 usd)

my current auto tranny is blown anyway so i need to swap it and im getting dumb crazy quotes for about £1000 gbp (around $1,600 usd) for reconditioned trannys with labour...

the reason im going forr the ENGINE SWAP is simple to be honest...
      rather than have to worry about getting a stronger clutch, change pistons, bolts, rings ect ect allll the engine internals i might as well buy an engine that is factory made at the power i roughly want...
      and pistons and all that will set me back eassssilly within the $3000 usd alonee!!
      then id have to get all the add ons i want which are already rear ... cams, custom crank, TURBO CONVERSION SET UP which probably will be about another $1000-2000 USD...

and plus i want a manual for that sort of power i currently have an auto... so this will also save me the trouble of trying to convert my tranny to manual.. all id need is pedals and a line pretty much. lol :P

so i thought from alll that it would be cheaper to just buy a new engine and trany with ecu wiring loom ect and just drop it in... if the engine and tranny and everything cost me around $3200 and im guessing MAAXXX im gonna need another $1000-$2000 usd for mishaps and unknown errors to come...
      so thats say $5000 with peace of mind my pistons wont blow up or the gearbox wont giv way because it cant handle the power ect ect ect..
      dont get it twisted i LOOVVEE absaluutlly LOOVVEE the stock kalos motor its a torqy nipppy lil thing!! but!! id rather swap it out for something that will save me hours of playing about tryna get it to run smoothly with fuel managements ecu remaps ect ect ect..

this way jus buy the engine n tranny drop them in wire the sensors up and fuel lines... prettyyyy much done if its a direct bolt up... unless i need to fabricate plates which i DO NOT wana do lol.. hence tryna find a bolt up...
      sorry about the essay lolll... i talk alot.. il shut up now..

Thanks

updates :D

hey everyone,
      these are just a few shots of my project which is STILL being built LOL.

Name:  seats.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  60.0 KB new seats, swapped out my old all white leatherette seats
      Name:  side shot blk rims.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  47.7 KB my Kalos from the side
      Name:  interior.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  94.7 KB new interior set up in my new kalos (this is a rebuilt m33 evl) those that remember my gearbox went and was an auto.. worked out cheaper to buy another kalos than sourcing out another gearbox and getting it fitted.. lol

will add some more photos soon

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Welcome to the forums!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast