•  

Thread: Newbie

What's wrong with my car? sanny's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Cool Newbie

Hello All, Im new Im Santrise but you can call me Sanny, I purchased my used Aveo in 2013 it is my first time ever car and I am trying to hold on to it as much as I can. Its a 2011 Silver Chevy Aveo LT Sedan, I like my car and all but I have been experiencing quite a lot in the last year with my vehicle I had the oil changed, twice in less than one year, I had to have the spark coils changed and didn't know about the spark plugs below it (fake home grown mechanic didn't see it, go figure) needless to say I changed that myself two months ago because my engine light has been on since the end of last year but at the time my car was stuck in the parking lot over three months because I heard a noise when I press the accelerator (changed my hub barrier). I changed the spark plugs thinking the engine light would go off, negative. Ran a test on it and the codes read it was both my upstream and downstream O2 Sensors and something about my engine coolant? (confused on that one). Since then I paid myself through class to have basic training how to fix on my car unfortunately I don't have tools to change my own O2 sensors. ANY HELP will be accepted and I choose to fix my own car but will still have a pro if need be. THANKS! AND GLAD TO BE HERE!

Thanks
      Welcome Sanny! For an O2 sensor you just need an adjustable wrench normally, as well they make special sockets for the job as well. They just thread into the bungs, so find a wrench or crescent that will fit and they should come out with ease. Keep us posted!

What's wrong with my car? sanny's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Thanks! Well unfortunately my car went out so, all I seen was smoke in the front and the back. I have a mechanic to come and look at it but for now I am purchasing all the equipment and products I need to at least have my car fix the total will be approx. 353.71 if I purchase all the products myself and the mechanic will charged me 70. to come and run what is wrong with it and 175 for labor fees. So wish me luck hopefully I can fix it myself! lol